DJ's Wanted! Primetime slots open!

David J

That's right, PLAY WHAT YOU WANT! AKARadio is looking for live DJs for primetime shows (new time slots available!) Also, looking for mornings/afternoons. If you are interested, please make sure to stop by http://akaradio.com and apply, and chat with us in the chat room - we're friendly and don't bite!

A little about AKARadio:
AKAradio (est. 2003) is a fully licensed non-profit organization and is rather eclectic. We have listeners and DJs from around the world, all walks of life. Each DJ "owns" his time, as long as rules are followed, more on that when you apply! The DJ brings in their listeners, as well as sharing listeners from other DJs. It's more or less a dysfunctional family. It sometimes gets rather crazy in the interaction within the chat room, and we've learned to take things with a grain of salt due to it, but it sure is fun to be able to chat with your listeners and fellow AKAers!

The benefits of DJing with us:
1. Your show is YOUR show. No format expectations - any genres/talk shows welcome! Also syndicated shows are welcome! Can't commit to a time slot? You can be a filler as well!
2. You'll get to hang out with a great group of people in our chat room.
3. We're awesome, I mean not to toot our own horn. :)
4. Our platform is universal...DJ on a MAC or PC, with SAM Broadcaster, Virtual DJ Pro, Winamp..etc.
5. Even if it's your first time on air, give it a go, we want to hear your show!

So, why wait? MAKE THE SWITCH TO US!

*NOTE: We prefer age 21+ (Shows are for mature DJs/Audiences)

If you have any questions, you can email us at: apply@akaradio.com
www.akaradio.com

MassDAB

Well I do run an Adult Comedy show on Sunday Afternoons with my co-host here in the UK (Think Opie and Anthony) that I wouldn't mind simulcasting).

Jude Connors

Went to the IRC chanel to talk to the on-air DJ (DJ Slipstream) to ask him questions about the station and was called a Creeper on the air.

Quite professional, let me tell you.

Dick Lee

SUBJ: Volunteer D.J.

Hello:

My name is Dick Lee and I am writing to be considered for a weekly one hour “Volunteer D.J.” slot at your station. I currently host a community radio show titled “Dick Lee and Garage Rock from the Valley.” It features rock-n-roll from California’s Central San Joaquin Valley. In addition, I do brief interviews with band members from the 1960’s. As a member of a 60’s rock group called The Brymers, I have in considerable knowledge about these bands in addition to being friends with almost all of these groups. Note, that I produce and pre-record the show then send it via Drop Box to the station’s server. I do all the voice overs, etc. Individuals make requests by calling the station or e-mail me at The Brymers web site (www.thebrymers.com). The show is high energy and receiving good responses. Due to listener requests, I have archived some of the shows on Podomatic.com. You can hear a show by clicking on the link below:

http://rleekgb30636.podomatic.com

I currently have 25 shows in the can and they can be edited by me to insert any station’s jingle or ID.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dick Lee

The Brymers (www.thebrymers.com)

rleekgb@comcast.net

dicklee@thebrymers.com

DJ Emotive

'Journey into Dance' is my ( DJ Emotive ) new weekly show which will be recorded and sent out to stations across the world , content ranging from Deep and Chilled House to Old Skool and Trance with occasional guest mixes , format will be in 320k MP3 and download link sent to your station each week. If you have a free slot and would like to feature my show then drop me an email please..

Here is the show, take a listen https://www.mixcloud.com/andy-davie...eeptech-and-prog-house-dj-emotive-in-the-mix/

jidsmall.jpg

Episode 1 is ready to go right now !

DJ Emotive
djemotive@andrew-davies.com