Bandle City Radio is seeking quality broadcasters to join our team!

BandleCityRadio

We are recruiting quality On-Air Talent and DJs for Bandle City Radio. We are looking for interactive individuals or teams with personality and excellent microphone and interpersonal skills.

Music show DJs must have a varied music collection. All DJs must have an internet connection with a minimum 256k upload speed, a quality pair of headphones, and a desktop microphone. Experience with broadcasting software is preferred.

We encourage our DJs to be free and creative concerning the content of their shows. Here are some ideas based on our current programming:

1. Music Show – primary focus is on playlists from various genres or a specific era. (Recommended music library of at least 1000 tracks)
  2. Talk Show – based on general news, interviews, or information relevant to League of Legends. (Recommended music library of at least 300 tracks)

Your show can be any of the two mentioned above or a combination of your choice. The idea is to be creative and get the audience engaged!

Additional Requirements

Bandle City Radio broadcasts 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Potential DJs are to commit themselves to a minimum of 2 hours per week. DJs will be expected to interact with listeners through our IRC channel and online forum community. Social media interaction is encouraged. In addition, DJs will be expected to provide some degree of content relevant to the League of Legends audience.

If you think that you meet the requirements listed above we would be happy to hear from you. Bandle City Radio will ensure all applications are acknowledged.

Any questions please reply here or email me at Lulu(at)yordle(dot)tv . I check this post regularly so expect to see my reply often :).
To Apply Please fill out this form!
DJ Application

Last edited:

Roger Garcia

Hello,

My name is Roger, I read your job description and I am very interested in getting more information on available positions. I am an aspiring DJ studying Audio Production who pursues to step into the audio field with a prominent employer as yourself.
Also if there is any way in which I could help, I am a team-player looking forward into improving myself along with my peers.

Thank you for your time,

Roger Garcia

BandleCityRadio

Sorry for my delayed response it is a busy time of year I am sure you will agree... Would you be able to fill out our new DJ application on the website? It would make everything a lot easier I would love to get you your tour of our radio :D

DJ Application

BandleCityRadio

Well here is some info on the station as I just realized I did not post anything about us.

Bandle City Radio is a station I have started and wish to grow into a great station! I am currently in college for Broadcast Radio, I am learning my craft and am looking for others that wish to work on their own craft as well and have some knowledge of how to do a live show, if not we have Training videos for our DJs. We have been a live station since August 2014, and things have been going well. I would like more voices on the station so that we can expand our live hours. Banlde City Radio is an Adult Contemporary music station that also breaks format to play League of Legends music as we are targeting League of Legends players as our audience.

What tools do we use?
For doing live shows we use Virtual DJ. More info is in our training videos. Now for scheduling everyone we use a DJ Management Software,
OcnI04T.png

The things Highlighted in red is what you will see in your login. Booking a timeslot is as easy as a click of your mouse.
ZSjoIsG.png

We have an android and apple app!
0QvThjQ.png

szY4CcP.png

We are currently working on updating our logo on the apple app store as you can tell from the screenshot.

Any questions please reply here or email me at Lulu(at)yordle(dot)tv . I check this post regularly so expect to see my reply often :).

Roger Garcia

It all seems great! I will fill the application now and well it seems like you have a great overview of the station and I hope to become an asset to it. I had a couple of questions a bit more out of subject. I play with serato itch on a numark Ns7, will that still be compatible for broadcasting? And finally, if you could give me a specific job description of the position in order for me to have the best understanding of it and can provide my best abilities.

Thank you once again.

BandleCityRadio

Pardon me, I forgot to ask what specific genre of music are you seeking ?
It all seems great! I will fill the application now and well it seems like you have a great overview of the station and I hope to become an asset to it. I had a couple of questions a bit more out of subject. I play with serato itch on a numark Ns7, will that still be compatible for broadcasting? And finally, if you could give me a specific job description of the position in order for me to have the best understanding of it and can provide my best abilities.

Thank you once again.
We are an Adult Contemporary Station. I would love to give you a better description! When you fill out the form all details will be answered! I would do it now but I am off to work sorry... I googled the program you use and believe it will work if not I have a program for you to download that will work with your numark I am sure!

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my country at least (UK) Adult Contemporary is a radio format of mainstream pop music aimed at those aged 25-70. It may mean something different wherever you are based; I was a bit surprised by the choice as all the gamers I know are either into some sort of "heavy" guitar music or EDM (especially more underground/experimental genres) and it was like that when I was in high school (many years ago!, computer games had 8 bit graphics and other ones were played with dice on boards :D)

A tip; when recruiting DJ's especially from tech aware communities like gaming all you need to specify is whether the server is icecast or shoutcast; provided your DJ/presenter has equipment that will send a decent quality audio stream down the line it doesn't matter what it is (it could even be traditional analogue equipment connected to a sound card).

Many people combine the hobbies of gaming/PC construction with electronics and hi fi audio - and hardware is so cheap these days you can dedicate an otherwise obsolete PC just for the streaming which ensure the audio is as good as it can be.

One advantage of using analogue kit is that you can put a noise gate ./ compressor in the microphone circuit.(OK there may be software versions but then lag becomes an issue). Most desktops optimised for gaming or graphics intensive work have several noisy ventilator fans in them; without the noise gate it can sound like your presenter is broadcasting out of a industrial plant room...

BandleCityRadio

In my country at least (UK) Adult Contemporary is a radio format of mainstream pop music aimed at those aged 25-70. It may mean something different wherever you are based; I was a bit surprised by the choice as all the gamers I know are either into some sort of "heavy" guitar music or EDM (especially more underground/experimental genres) and it was like that when I was in high school (many years ago!, computer games had 8 bit graphics and other ones were played with dice on boards :D)

A tip; when recruiting DJ's especially from tech aware communities like gaming all you need to specify is whether the server is icecast or shoutcast; provided your DJ/presenter has equipment that will send a decent quality audio stream down the line it doesn't matter what it is (it could even be traditional analogue equipment connected to a sound card).

Many people combine the hobbies of gaming/PC construction with electronics and hi fi audio - and hardware is so cheap these days you can dedicate an otherwise obsolete PC just for the streaming which ensure the audio is as good as it can be.

One advantage of using analogue kit is that you can put a noise gate ./ compressor in the microphone circuit.(OK there may be software versions but then lag becomes an issue). Most desktops optimised for gaming or graphics intensive work have several noisy ventilator fans in them; without the noise gate it can sound like your presenter is broadcasting out of a industrial plant room...
Thanks for the info. You are correct about the format and what we play, the reason behind it is because A/C is the most popular style of radio station on North America. We do have an hour of EDM on Fridays from one of our DJ's. We are a loosely formatted station meaning people can change it up a little. We run an Icecast (192kbps) server, and pay royalties through SoCAN. Any questions please ask away!