Bandwidth usage question

brlmedia

Good afternoon! I have just re launched my second station, three days ago, and am using sam cloud, with a external relay to my new pay as you go icecast server here, for US royalty purposes. So my stream is just being relayed to here, I have done no announcing of the relaunch, but i am on the featured page of the top 40 genre, (Radio Now) which is great, but i see i have used 17Gb of bandwidth in three days, and it shows i have had a very big listenership base in just three days, now i am concerned that there might be something "odd" here, i mean no station gets that big in three days to use that much bandwidth? if that makes sense? i just look at the data in centova cast, and just wonder whats going on.

anyone have any insight? possible stream ripper or other program?
thanks for your input!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi brlmedia,

Firstly, thanks for upgrading your account with us to the 500GB plan.

We have just taken a look over your account for you and we cannot see any suspicious listener agents to make us think you have stream rippers. From looking at your listener minutes and data transfer this all looks normal to us.

We do have bandwidth calculator that will give you a better idea of the kind of usage that you can expect: http://www.internet-radio.com/servers/tools/bandwidth/

At the moment you have 5 listeners and you are streaming at 128kbps. So for example if these 5 listeners stay tuned in for the rest of the day (24 hours) this would use a total of 6.59GB of bandwidth. Times that by 3 for the 3 days and you are looking at a total of 19.77GB of usage. You will obviously have peaks and troughs of listeners and bandwidth usage during this time. Also, that's the whole purpose of being a "featured" station with us on our our website to bring you in more listeners.

We hope this helps you to understand the bandwidth usage some more. :)