DJ Sam is looking for a job at online radio station

DJ Sam

My Name: Samrat Ricci
DJ Name: Sam
My Age: 18
My Genre: Dance, Electro, House, EDM

I haven't got big experience but I am looking for job at online radio station.

Contact with me:
E-Mail: samgulievsafc@gmail.com

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Sam - do you have links to mixes on soundcloud or other music based social networks? this is always a good thing to have (far easier than having to send off 100 cassette tapes to the stations!) Unfortunately If by a "job" you mean a paid position these are bloody hard to find if not near impossible in the UK; most DJ's even on community and small local stations are volunteers; and the ones who are still being paid are often older than me (I'm in my 40s) and do it as second income rather than main job (the pay for entry level positions can work out as less than those damn zero hour contracts and those can have more security of employment!)

There do seem to be loads of stations wanting live DJ's on here (the private messages now work as well) so maybe send them a demo. but I've noticed recently a lot of EDM DJ's tend to increasingly do pre recorded shows / podcasts which are rebroadcast by stations using automation. Nothing wrong with this as folk have or gain other committments - you could end up having to spend more time with education or work or just want to go to clubs/raves at weekends like I did when I was 18 but you could still do a mixture of live/pre-recorded stuff.

I've noticed a reference to a football club in your email which gives a rough idea of where you are based; I think there is also a community station called Spark FM in that area which is aimed at a youth audience. Often these stations are crying out for volunteers and are a good way of getting experience with a bigger radio station as well as "bedroom mixing" which you can combine with working on other online stations.