ERROR 404

Rodney W Smith

HELLO!, I am a new user to this site and I was loving it until I am recently having some of my listeners able to log on without incident and some constantly receiving the "Error 404" message. I also notice in my SHOUTcast Admin page that my listener peak is only at 5 but I am supposed t be at 500 max. Is this the cause for some of my listeners to not be able to log in?? I need this situation fixed as soon as possible as it is creating frustrations with my loyal listeners!! :mad::mad::mad:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Rodney,

We are not sure why nobody is able to listen into your stream? Your startpage works fine for us and is currently up and working right at this moment: http://www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr/

Please be aware that if the server is offline or no source is connected, there is a small delay before the page will display in the directories once the stream has been started again. This is basically where the directories is refreshing itself, this is done every 3 minutes but the page will usually appear much quicker than this. http://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/startpages-information.15080/

Are you also providing the full correct URL including the forward slash at the end of the address, without the forward slash the link will direct to a "404 Error" page instead.

For example, try this www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr/ and then this www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr without the end forward slash in the URL. You will then see what we mean.

You do have 500 listeners set on your account as well. But as nobody is tuned in at the moment we cannot see any issue with anymore than 5 at a time. If this does continue to be a problem, just restart the server and this should be corrected. It may just be that you have not restarted the server since you upgraded your account from one of our free trial servers which only allows for a maximum of 5 listeners. As configuration changes have since been made, you may need to just quickly restart this for the new settings to take full effect.

Rodney W Smith

Hi Rodney,

We are not sure why nobody is able to listen into your stream? Your startpage works fine for us and is currently up and working right at this moment: http://www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr/

Please be aware that if the server is offline or no source is connected, there is a small delay before the page will display in the directories once the stream has been started again. This is basically where the directories is refreshing itself, this is done every 3 minutes but the page will usually appear much quicker than this. http://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/startpages-information.15080/

Are you also providing the full correct URL including the forward slash at the end of the address, without the forward slash the link will direct to a "404 Error" page instead.

For example, try this www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr/ and then this www.internet-radio.com/station/djspydr without the end forward slash in the URL. You will then see what we mean.

You do have 500 listeners set on your account as well. But as nobody is tuned in at the moment we cannot see any issue with anymore than 5 at a time. If this does continue to be a problem, just restart the server and this should be corrected. It may just be that you have not restarted the server since you upgraded your account from one of our free trial servers which only allows for a maximum of 5 listeners. As configuration changes have since been made, you may need to just quickly restart this for the new settings to take full effect.

I have restarted the server on multiple occasions and had people re-log on to the site, some with no changes. Also when I post the link, I copy it directly from the browser bar...so I do not see inputting the correct URL being the issue. If I am at 500 listeners, why does the "Admin" page say 'Listener Peak:5'?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Well from looking at our server logs we can see that you have reloaded the server configuration since you upgraded. But you have not actually restarted the server itself since you upgraded.

The last time it was restarted was at 8:55am on the 21st of October. You upgraded your server on that same date, but later on at 3:13pm. There has been no server restarts since it was upgraded. We can email you the logs if you like so that you can see this for yourself?

We are confident that if you just fully stop and start your server again (your encoder as well) this will correct itself and display 500 listeners on your DNAS (admin) page.

Rodney W Smith

Well from looking at our server logs we can see that you have reloaded the server configuration since you upgraded. But you have not actually restarted the server itself since you upgraded.

The last time it was restarted was at 8:55am on the 21st of October. You upgraded your server on that same date, but later on at 3:13pm. There has been no server restarts since it was upgraded. We can email you the logs if you like so that you can see this for yourself?

We are confident that if you just fully stop and start your server again (your encoder as well) this will correct itself and display 500 listeners on your DNAS (admin) page.

Oh okay, I just assumed that when I "reload" it starts automatically. Ill research the site to see what I need to do to actually "restart" the servers.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
"Reload" just reloads the server configuration, you will notice that the message in the control panel when you use this says:
"Note that SHOUTcast DNAS does not support reloading its configuration without interrupting your stream. This reload operation has only flushed your server logs and reloaded your source configuration (if any).

If you wish to apply any configuration changes to your SHOUTcast server itself, you will need to use the Restart Server option instead."

Here is where you can restart the server.

djspydr.png

Rodney W Smith

"Reload" just reloads the server configuration, you will notice that the message in the control panel when you use this says:

Here is where you can restart the server.

View attachment 1002

THANK YOU! As of right now a few ppl that could not get in was able to after I followed your steps...but I still had a gentleman who uses "Sprint" as his cell phone carrier and was never able to log on to the site. Could the "carrier" be an issue with logging on?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem at all. Glad this is all working well for your listeners now.

The network provider (carrier) would not really make any difference to compatibility with our website unless of course their network coverage was just poor and they only provided really slow speeds on their data plans. Obviously if he is connecting via a home WiFi connection then this wouldn't even be an issue. It depends really on what model of phone he has and the OS? Is the phone Android / iOS or something else?

Rodney W Smith

On 11/11 at about 11pm EST. I was unable to broadcast. Kept getting a message stating "Broadcast Error: impossible to connect to server us1.internet-radio.com" even though the "streaming server" status says that the server is online and operational. Even the Admin page said that the server was down..I will be doing a broadcast this coming Friday evening 11/13. Any assistance to get it back up and running before then would be greatly appreciated.

Rodney W Smith

On 11/11 at about 11pm EST. I was unable to broadcast. Kept getting a message stating "Broadcast Error: impossible to connect to server us1.internet-radio.com" even though the "streaming server" status says that the server is online and operational. Even the Admin page said that the server was down..I will be doing a broadcast this coming Friday evening 11/13. Any assistance to get it back up and running before then would be greatly appreciated.

11/12 8:30am EST its now saying "Impossible to resolve us1.internet-radio.com" on the broadcast tab in VDJ8! What is the problem???:mad::mad::mad:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We just tested connecting to your server with an encoder and it worked first time for us with no issues? So we cannot see any problem this end.

djspydr.png

From looking at our server logs we can see where you were logging in and where you had made some configuration changes at around 11pm EST. And the only thing that we can see wrong was that you just did not have any source enabled and connected to the server, hence the admin page showing that the server was down. There has also been no outages on the US1 server recently.

It sounds like incorrect settings your end in Virtual DJ. Have you recently changed your password perhaps?

Rodney W Smith

Its now broadcasting, but it takes a lot longer than 3 mins to start up.

I just found out that a listener had to switch from Chrome to Firefox to log on. I use Chrome so I do not know why it wasn't working for him, but he uses a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime...I a Galaxy Avant. Just want to inform you that it may be something to look into.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I just found out that a listener had to switch from Chrome to Firefox to log on. I use Chrome so I do not know why it wasn't working for him, but he uses a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime...I a Galaxy Avant. Just want to inform you that it may be something to look into.

With Chrome it works fine for us as well on Android devices. I personally have a Galaxy S5 and it works with it no problem? Thanks for letting us know but it should work for him really, that model is not that old and it worked for us with older devices than that in the past. Maybe he just needs to update his Chrome app?