Getting listed on TuneIn

lockylive

Hello All,

Newbie here, been broadcasting on a local internet station the past year and from April 1st me and another DJ are launching our own - mostly due to the fact the previous station owners had very little drive.
Although we dont launch until April 1st, we have started streaming already but the link is not public as we don't really want the masses tuning in yet!
I have submitted our stream to TuneIn, waited a week and so far all I've had is the confirmation email. I've since emailed broadcast support and again got no reply. What am I doing wrong?
In my submission I completed all the fields with as much detail as possible so it's not like I've just submitted a name and stream url. Am I being impatient?
I don't mind it taking a while but I don't want to start advertising we'll be on TuneIn if there is a problem.

Thanks
Matt

Tune in

I noticed your post tune in normally turn round with less than 24- 48 hrs however if your stream is private what can tune in actually to ??? Make stream public re-submit bingo you'll be on air before you know it tbh tune in I's really straightforward and even with basic info logo email website link twitter feed tune in will publish your station if your using tune in radio app or even there website take a look at ours fresh radio liverpoo

lockylive

Thanks, I did try to re-submit and at the final stage it checked to see if another stage was the same and our logo came up, so I clicked and our info was all there, and it plays our station:
Big Time Radio - - Listen Online

The problem is does not come up on the TuneIn search yet so I hope it is just a matter of not waiting long enough.

Mayedd

Just checke you out on Tune In. I think your intro file is a different bit rate to your stream as your stream is playing too fast and high. Check what your start file bit rate is.

thanks
Edd
Owner - A1Radio.co.uk

lockylive

Thanks Edd, I'd completely overlooked that, I've just removed the intro file for the moment, it's a bit cheesey anyway.

We're only on 64k at the moment as we're just doing test broadcasts but it's on 24/7

Directory search

The possibility is as the server isn't public that's possibly why there's no public search avail but glad your listed tune in is a great way of pulling in more listeners try also radio tuna music goal internet radio top sites these sites require registration but the more your out there the more listeners you will pull in to your broadcasts it's all about the promo good luck with the launch and pm me a link once your officially live ill have a listen in

lockylive

What do you mean by the server isn't public? As far as I know it is and certainly should be.
We're listed on shoutcast as I use their app to check on my phone.

Thanks

Matt

jambo

Matt

You said in the OP that the "the link is not public"

There is a setting in Shoutcast to either make the stream "public" or "private"

Hope this helps

Rgds

Jamie

Tune in

Matt

Hope this helps

Rgds

Jamie
Thanks for that Jamie that was the point I was aiming to get across regarding the setting in shoutcast where it was quoted in the op that server wasn't public hence why I tried to assist with tune in problem no worries anyway it appears the problem has been resolved

lockylive

Sorry it was my bad wording in the original post.

The stream is public, and on shoutcast but there are no links to it on our website yet as I wanted to get as much in place and running before we release it to the masses/few. :)

Ste Crook

In my experience sometimes TuneIn can be a little slow on the uptake, I submitted the player link for the wrong station a while ago and am still waiting for them to sort it. They will get you listed whenever possible though, and their app's are great, on the HTC one it comes as standard in the "Car" mode, which internet broadcasters cant grumble against

telabadmanwot

The stream is working for me now too, the little monkey played me Mambo NO.5 :) Which was brilliant timing, Alex and Elliot (Shaft) are on my show this weekend, Alex was kind enough to give away an exclusive new Skeewiff Remix (Ez Mashup) to all the listeners of the show. https://soundcloud.com/ez-icarus/omegaman-el-oman-boogaloo

Maybe you would be interested in broadcasting my show on your station Matt, I think it would be very popular with your listeners.

Slim

Matt

Hope this helps

Rgds

Jamie
Can you tell me where the setting is to make mine public....can't get it to go public even after following instructions thanks