Good Radio Player for Wordpress

Anime Radio UK

Hi,

I am looking for a very good radio player plugin for the site that I am developing for our station. I have come across some but they either seem to be lacking a pop-up option or are no longer supported.

I would be very interested to hear what players other people are using on Wordpress sites or just in general.

Kind regards

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a native format in HTML5 for MP3, OGG and WAV audio; but normally only the first 2 are usable with Internet radio. I've got it to work on my blog (in the sig below) using Wordpress with MP3 streams.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_audio.asp

It does not like AAC though; nor does the j-player or its bundled equivalent on here (perhaps as icecast ads an incorrect m3u extension to the mountpoint which confuses something else down the line...)

There is a warning on the j-player docs about "foreign characters in filenames". This might only be for locally hosted audio but worth being wary of - if you are running a station playing music from animé and sending full metadata about the tracks it is certain some of it would be in Japanese or other Asian languages.

Even on the stream I host which plays a loop of EDM mixes many are from Germany and other nations where accented or different letters are common - Airtime copes with this well (as well as other languages; I've seen screenshots of it in Korean) as does Icecast but Shoutcast doesn't fare as well.

I suggest also looking on some of the other stations playing Asian music (they are numerous on here; and cover the whole continent where a lot of different alphabets are used) to see how they get round this problem.

Hi,

I am looking for a very good radio player plugin for the site that I am developing for our station. I have come across some but they either seem to be lacking a pop-up option or are no longer supported.

I would be very interested to hear what players other people are using on Wordpress sites or just in general.

Kind regards

I want to ask the same, and add to the original question.

I am looking to build the site using WordPress and I have had no joy finding a Pop-Up Player at all - having said that, I am only just about getting my head around WordPress, having previously built using Dreamweaver.

Up until now, and I am very tempted to do so again, I have used a very basic .html Pop-Up Player from another provider, which literally opens a box with a player in it, and that's it: no songs being played, no list of songs, etc., and I have spent most of today looking for improved software/plugin for WordPress, and have only found two - StudioPro and, as mentioned by Support jPlayer, but...

Can I get my head around configuring either of them? No. For them, and a couple of others I have found, one has to crack open the software and start altering the code. It is also unclear (at least to me) where one is supposed to configure them?

I maybe doing the software a great injustice, because as previously mentioned, I am also quite new to WordPress and only starting tp get my head around it...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

*EDIT*: I should have clarified my post more clearly: I can get the Pop-Up Player opening, but the songs being played are not being shown, and I cannot see a clear tutorial of how to set this up. Also, does anyone know of a Pop-Up player that refreshes this data? I have tried the RadioPlayer and various others, such as the one at www.cdnx.co.uk (which I quite like with the player displaying the song title at the top of the page, and then the player opens up, but does not re-fresh the track, also showing artwork would be good!

Last edited:
Thanks Support, but possibly I'm being a bit thick here - and not for the first time! lol ;)

I have checked the documentation out, especially the installation guide, which basically says "Click on download, then install to Wordpress".

My Pop-Up Player opens with "Firebird" showing at the top, and I have no idea how to remove that, and more importantly to display what is being played on the station? The F.A.Q. isn't much help either, I suppose they think it's obvious. :(

I'd appreciate a more detailed answer, one that I can understand!:rolleyes:

Thanks!