HELP with Shoutcast Pleaseeeee!

Nelly

I am trying to broadcast my own radio station from home. I am using Winamp and Shoutcast. The server I use to transmit is listen2myradio. When I listen to my music by winamp it hears fine but as soon as I go to the Radio Station Link to listen to the radio online it just sounds too fast. I use MP3 format on my music and I am runing my codec at 48kbps, 22050Hz, Mono although I have tried diferent kbps either going up or down and its the same problem.
Last time I donwloaded VirtualDJ and I was able to transmit without a problem. I just decided to go by Winamp because its more familiar for me and also because shoutcast is free...I am just starting with this so I dont need something PRO.
If someone has another option of program I can use I would be happy to try too. I also have installed ZaraRadio which I tried with winampand Shoutcast but it continues sounding the same. The speed of the song accelerates by itself.
I would muchly appreciate your help ASAP.
Blessing and have a great day all!

SYRadio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We think you should try changing your sample rate to 44100hz. The player on your radio station link just might not handle the sample rate of 22050hz very well?

If that does not help then you should really contact your own provider 'listen2myradio' for some help with this.

The Mixxx software is also a great free alternative you might like to have a look at: http://www.mixxx.org/

Nelly

Hi! Thanks for taking time to help me solve my issue. I have been with this for over a month now. I have tryed all the rates and its always the same so I decided to download Mixxx. I am new with it so I have just been configuring and studying the way it works. I got to put the servers info in but now when I try to listen to the radio on the public URL to verify if its streaming I just get the name of the song but it doesnt run so I cant listen to it and sometimes it even tells me the radio is offline when I am supposed to be connected.... can u please continue helping me ... I surely know I am almost getting to see the light on this...

Thanks alot and Blessings

We think you should try changing your sample rate to 44100hz. The player on your radio station link just might not handle the sample rate of 22050hz very well?

If that does not help then you should really contact your own provider 'listen2myradio' for some help with this.

The Mixxx software is also a great free alternative you might like to have a look at: http://www.mixxx.org/

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Nelly,

This is something that your own stream provider should be helping you with. This 'Support' forum is intended for our own clients who host with us here.