how to?

cant seem to find previous threads associated, but if i have missed, apologies, my question is, can i use a microphone when streaming my station.thanks in advance

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes of course you can use a microphone when streaming your station as long as your soundcard has a mic input (which we imagine it would as standard).

What encoder / mix software are you using for your live streaming?

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
although much DJ software appears to provide a "talkover" function to use with a mic input be aware that the built in sound cards of many (nearly all?) PC's are not the best audio quality.

What sort of broadcasting setup are you intending? an "EDM" type mix session (with decks and MC/presenter) or something more like traditional radio?

My experience (and that of a fair few others) is the easiest and best way for sound quality is to do it all analogue apart from the streaming; provided you pay attention to interfacing balanced/unbalanced audio and keeping out computer power supply noise from the audio. Its nowadays possible to pick up entire broadcast quality radio studio mixers for a few hundred quid (you will need a big car or small van to haul them) and many of the "cheap" Behringer mixers with in built USB soundcards are also very good for radio use.