ices-cc VS Liquidsoap (AutoDJ)

Roberto Rivera

I might be dumb, but for the life of me I can't find a feature comparison or a guide that sheds some light into which is better, ad in what situations. :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Roberto,

We are not aware of any feature comparison guide. But more detailed information on both can be found amongst the Centovacast forums if you do a search: http://forums.centova.com/index.php

With most clients this is all automatically set up for them during the account sign up process. You only see these 'AutoDJ Type' options when you create an account as you have a reseller account.

You can only use 'ices-cc' on Shoutcast v1 servers, but for Icecast and Shoutcast v2 servers we recommend selecting 'Liquid Soap' as it's much better.

Liquid Soap offers better transcoding and has more options for cross fading etc. ices-cc is very old and has not been maintained for a long time.

Hope that helps.

Roberto Rivera

It does! Thank you.

Follow up question. Once a server has been createdprovisioned, can the AutoDJ be changed or do I have to create a new one?

Not a big problem if I have to destroy the current instance, as the current instance I made, is specifically for that purpose (testing, configuring and finding the best balance of options).

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Great :) No problem.

Yes unfortunately this cannot be changed once the account has been created.