Internet Radio API?

DrunkenDwarf

Hi all.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I've been searching for an internet radio directory with an open API for searching genres and stations. I've been looking around internet-radio.com and haven't been able to find mention of one for this directory.

Is there an API that can be called and searched? I'm attempting to build a raspberry-pi radio and I initially was looking at shoutcast but their API is closed to anyone except partners, and they're not accepting new partners atm.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DrunkenDwarf,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your interest.

We are actually working on an API at the moment and will make an announcement for registration when this is available. :)

DrunkenDwarf

Hi

Thanks for the reply, that's brilliant news. Is it planned to be a freely available API or a subscription based commercial one? Also, are there any rough ideas of what sort of time you're planning to have it ready?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem. :)

We are not 100% sure on this at the moment to be honest. At first it will likely just require some form of registration rather than just be available for anyone to use.

We hope to have it ready in the coming months.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Christian,

We do actually have the API ready to go. We shall make an announcement whenever we decide that we will make this available.

Christian Roman

Oh great!
Love your radio search engine already!
Looking forward to the release of it and hopefully it will be as open and free as your web searcher :)
Regards!