Issues with Nicecast and Shoutcast Server

Lradio

Hi there,

I'm quite new to this and have just created an account, the server of which, i'm trying to via Nicecast.

I'm continually getting the 'Error: Invalid password, retry in (however many) seconds' error from Nicecast which presume tells me it's found the server but can't login because the password is wrong.
I've ensured the port, IP and server type (Shoutcast) setting are as per those quoted on the 'Quick Links' panel for live source connections.

As for the password, i've used the Source Password from my Stream Setting, as it says to on the Quick Links panel but it keeps saying the password is wrong.

I know the server is live since I can see the tick on the server status on the top left.

Really at a loss here as to where I could have gone wrong so any help would be massively appreciated.

I've uploaded my Nicecast server settings and Quick Links panel settings

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 847
  • 2.png
    2.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 764

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi lradio,

Sorry to hear that you have had some troubles getting this connected.

I don't have a Mac or Nicecast at hand to test this at the moment, but your stream details were tested in a different encoder and it connected straight away using your current 'Source' password.

From looking at your screenshots you appear to have entered everything correctly. Perhaps try resetting your source password to something different (you will need to restart the server after making these changes so that they fully take effect). Or it might just be a case that you have entered the password incorrectly?