Launching a new internet radio station - Need presenters / dj's etc...

bensiddall

Hi all!
Thanks for reading this. I'm planning on launching an internet radio station over the next 6 months (ideally to launch at the new year). I have experience in the commercial radio industry in the UK and it is somthing I have always wanted to do.

I'm looking for some voluntary dj's / presenters who would be interested in having a show on the station. It will be a great opportunity for self promotion and a good social media presence would be ideal.

The station will be fully licensed to play music and I will be covering all the licensing costs. I know some internet station out there charge presenters a fee in order to help contribute to the cost of the license fee, but this is not the case.

At the moment I just want a show of hands from anyone who might possibly be interested in this project. The exact genre of the station is still undecided but it will certainly include Dance, R&B, Pop, Chart and House music at night.

All shows will be pre-recorded and sent to me at least 2 days before broadcast and I will set up some sort of delivery system for the audio files (probably something similar to dropbox). I do plan on using an advertising agency to help cover the costs of licensing which will mean adverts will play out at exactly the same time each hour every hour. I do not intend on filling the station with adverts though as this can decrease listenership. 2 advert breaks per hour is more tha enough. This does mean that as presenters you will be asked to send me your show in segments timed exactly to suit the adverts breaks.

At the moment this is just a rough idea of how things will run, eventually I would like to add some live shows to the schedule as well. If you are a DJ / Presenter wanting a show playing music from any of the genre's named above, please contact me via email bensiddall2008@gmail.com Just tell me a little bit about yourself including any previous experience (if any) and also your age and your intentions.

As a presenter you will not have to pay anything and you will recieve a personalised email address for fans to contact you through. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and as I said, this is still only a rough idea, I would just like to know if anybody is interested.

Exact FM

Hey Ben! We are looking for people to work with on our project and maybe instead of going from scratch you might like to try your venture through the Exact FM platform. We are very much open to creative ideas and new directions in which we can venture to find our place in the global market of internet radio. We are a very passionate and driven team and would love to work with experienced and skilled people who love internet radio just as much as we do! Email us on info [at] exactfm [dot] com if interested! We'd love to hear from you and we can have a chat on Skype about things then. Thanks, Matt - Founder of Exact FM

drummergeo123

Hi Ben Siddall

Can we talk on Skype? My username is drummergeo1

Alternatively you could email me on drummergeo@hotmail.com

I am developing an unsigned show would you consider airing an unsigned show on your station?

I have some show concepts that I'd like to get your opinions on if thats OK?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

George

Dick Lee

Hi all!
Thanks for reading this. I'm planning on launching an internet radio station over the next 6 months (ideally to launch at the new year). I have experience in the commercial radio industry in the UK and it is somthing I have always wanted to do.

I'm looking for some voluntary dj's / presenters who would be interested in having a show on the station. It will be a great opportunity for self promotion and a good social media presence would be ideal.

The station will be fully licensed to play music and I will be covering all the licensing costs. I know some internet station out there charge presenters a fee in order to help contribute to the cost of the license fee, but this is not the case.

At the moment I just want a show of hands from anyone who might possibly be interested in this project. The exact genre of the station is still undecided but it will certainly include Dance, R&B, Pop, Chart and House music at night.

All shows will be pre-recorded and sent to me at least 2 days before broadcast and I will set up some sort of delivery system for the audio files (probably something similar to dropbox). I do plan on using an advertising agency to help cover the costs of licensing which will mean adverts will play out at exactly the same time each hour every hour. I do not intend on filling the station with adverts though as this can decrease listenership. 2 advert breaks per hour is more tha enough. This does mean that as presenters you will be asked to send me your show in segments timed exactly to suit the adverts breaks.

At the moment this is just a rough idea of how things will run, eventually I would like to add some live shows to the schedule as well. If you are a DJ / Presenter wanting a show playing music from any of the genre's named above, please contact me via email bensiddall2008@gmail.com Just tell me a little bit about yourself including any previous experience (if any) and also your age and your intentions.

As a presenter you will not have to pay anything and you will recieve a personalised email address for fans to contact you through. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and as I said, this is still only a rough idea, I would just like to know if anybody is interested.

SUBJ: Volunteer D.J.

Hello:

My name is Dick Lee and I am writing to be considered for a weekly one hour “Volunteer D.J.” slot at your station. I currently host a community radio show titled “Dick Lee and Garage Rock from the Valley.” It features rock-n-roll from California’s Central San Joaquin Valley. In addition, I do brief interviews with band members from the 1960’s. As a member of a 60’s rock group called The Brymers, I have in considerable knowledge about these bands in addition to being friends with almost all of these groups. Note, that I produce and pre-record the show then send it via Drop Box to the station’s server. I do all the voice overs, etc. Individuals make requests by calling the station or e-mail me at The Brymers web site (www.thebrymers.com). The show is high energy and receiving good responses. Due to listener requests, I have archived some of the shows on Podomatic.com. You can hear a show by clicking on the link below:

http://rleekgb30636.podomatic.com

I currently have 25 shows in the can and they can be edited by me to insert any station’s jingle or ID.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dick Lee

The Brymers (www.thebrymers.com)

rleekgb@comcast.net

dicklee@thebrymers.com