Looking for news and current affairs syndication ...

Stephen West

I am new to Internet Radio but have experience in the past in BBC Local Radio. My media company (I am a journalist) has been commissioned to set up a news and current affairs Talk Radio station although there will be some middle of the road music to pad things out. It will be a cross between BBC R2 and R4 but with more of a buzz and interaction. if that makes sense.

The problem I am already finding is that everyone wants to be a DJ and while I have nothing against you guys that love to mix and pump out sounds to the masses, I am really looking for people with a journalistic nuance that can produce either live or offline content to go into the scheduler. I would be happy for us to use programmes already produced for other stations that we could use.

The content has to be UK centric and be very current and newsy with areas such as politics and arts also included into the mix. If anyone has any advice on how I can find content to add to our own produced material then I am ready to listen to your ideas. We simply cannot produce enough content for this project on our own. Unless I can find other stations to co-operate with, we will have a very poor station and we don't do poor at Astral Media.

Thanks for listening to my woes!

Stephen.

Mayedd

Sounds very interesting! In the past I have had a talk based show and sports but there are very few people out there who can provide it. Let us knows how it goes as I will watch with interest

Harty

Hi, I too am a journalist, print and broadcast, and feel I have something to offer. Can you PM me your pay rates?
Thanks, Steve.

Cornucopia

The type of 'Spoken Word' content you're looking for is likely to be produced as a podcast. So you're best off trying to find UK based podcasters who want the exposure of broadcasting on your radio station. Start by looking at http://ukpodcasters.com/

Using podcasters for spoken word content is what we do with our own internet radio station.