MP3 track data not changing when track changes.

Oriole

I have a Roberts Stream 83i and stream my internet radio stations to it via Frontier-Silicon.

I started to receive Jazzradio.com channels via My Favourites. Then, to avoid the commercials, I became a subscriber, thereafter receiving Jazzradio.com channels via My Added Stations, using the URLs provided by Jazzradio.com.

I then noticed that the track data (title, performer, etc) display was no longer changing when the track changed. It used to when I was tuned in via My Favourites. Now, when I first tune in to Jazzradio.com, the track data corresponds with the track being played, but doesn’t change when the track changes. But if I change stations then return to Jazzradio.com, the track data and track being played are once more in agreement.

I've double-checked this peculiarity by accessing one of Jazzradio.com's channels via My Favourites again and found the track data display corresponds once more with whatever track is being played.

I don’t have this problem using My Added Stations with other stations, such as Calm Radio, which leads me to think that the problem must be at the transmission end; something to do with the audio data tag, part of the MP3 data, I am told.

Does anyone recognize what might be going wrong here?

I’ve taken the matter up with Jazzradio.com who, apart from commenting that they have had ‘one or two’ similar cases, have offered no explanation nor done anything about it, despite promising repeatedly to investigate for nearly four months now. I would like to be able to suggest to them what the cause of the problem might be.

I've asked assistance also from Roberts Radio, but with no response from them at all.

I would appreciate whatever ideas or helpful advice any of you aficionados out there might have.

:(

Last edited: