My track I'd does not show.

Slim

i was just wondering why my track information does not show under my station name and slogan? It was there but now it's not and when it was there it would not change to the next song title. Please help....thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Slim,

What is your account username please? Are you using the AutoDJ feature or live streaming instead?

Slim

Username is afterhoursradiocan
I am running live using radio DJ software and shoutcast v2 for server

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thank you.

It sounds like some of the tracks perhaps have no ID3 metadata tags if they are in the Mp3 format.

Slim

All of my tracks are tagged......the pools in which I get all of my music from are properly tagged for my DJ software....and they all look right in Radio DJ. There has to be something wrong from radio DJ to you folks.....like I said when I first went into listen to my stream.....the track I was playing was showing but then did not change when next track was played.......now it doesn't even show the track being played.....just shows my station name.....slogan......then genres. Also I thought that having my station in you "directories" would get me listeners but I have none.....also went to shoutcast site and could even find my station as you folks had indicated that it would be there as well......am I only going to get listeners once I pay? I am not totally convinced that this is the way for me to go yet.......maybe a longer than 7 day trial to get this stuff sorted out would be better? Let's get this issue fixed maybe so I can make a decision if you folks are the right way to go. Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Right ok we see, the thing is the track meta data is taken from your encoder software, so it's not a server issue this end. We have never used "Radio DJ" ourselves, so we are not sure how this is all set up? Your stations page is only displaying what your encoder software is sending to the server. We shall run a test shortly ourselves on your account to see if this is updating for us.

You will get more listeners from our directories, but as you have only just literally set your trial account up you will need to give it some time. Any new station cannot expect to draw in a lot of listeners the first time they stream. You have to build on these kind of things.

As your stream is currently offline we cannot check your listing on shoutcast.com, but it's likely that you have not yet set up your servers "Authhash" which is required for Shoutcast v2 servers before you will be listed in their directories. Please see the following: http://www.internet-radio.com/commu...he-“authhash”-for-shoutcast-v2-servers.21409/

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We just tested a live stream on your account and skipped through 3 tracks over a few minutes and each time the tracks ID's were being updated in real time for us.

afterhours_1.png
afterhours_2.png
afterhours_3.png

Slim

On the above screen shots....to the left.....what is it? Where do I find it? Also I followed the steps for shout cast and it still tells me the stream is private.....to the left in the above shoutcast screen shots I have a colum which says something about error log? Is there a step I may be missing to get my status to public. Again in my shoutcast server summary it says status is private and above it the track I'd came up but then didn't change.....please help.....I have a stream running right now so maybe that will help....

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The left image of the screenshots is your stations startpage: http://www.internet-radio.com/station/afterhoursradiocan/

In your control panel settings under 'Server Overrides' you had this set as "Never" for a public stream. We have just changed this for you and your stream is now public.

We just tuned into your current live stream and we can see the track titles updating fine.

afterhours_1.png

afterhours_2.png