Question about broadcasting live in Centova Cast

jorgear

Hello,

When I stop the autodj to broadcast live, I see that my listeners leave the radio and their time listening starts again from 0 when I stop broadcasting live and the autodj starts again.

Is this a problem that everybody has when they broadcast live? Is this a problem of the Centova Cast panel? How can I see the listeners who are hearing when I broadcast live?

Thanks!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Jorgear,

Whoever your host provider is, they cannot be that helpful as you always seem to come to us for help with your server? This support section is actually intended for our own clients who host their stations with us here on our own servers. Maybe you should just consider hosting with us instead. ;)

Anyway, it sounds like you are using Shoutcast v1, is that correct? If you had an Icecast or Shoutcast v2 server instead, then a live stream automatically overrides the AutoDJ stream without disconnecting your listeners. Shoutcast v1 requires you to manually stop the AutoDJ feature before you can connect a live source, hence dropping your listeners.

jorgear

Hello,

Yes, you are right. Better to go to my provider. However, I use Shoutcast v2 and I have to stop the autodj to broadcast live. I tried a live broadcast without stopping the autodj but impossible.

Thanks for your help :)