SAM BROACASTER Question

I run an internet radio station using SAM BROADCASTER 4.22 and I go through Museter for my streaming services. I am having two sound issues. One being there is a faint like morse code sound in the background and the other is when I playback the recordings of my shows lately, it sounds like talking through a fan. Any ideas what could be causing these problems.
The files sound fine in windows media player and other players;

The playback computer is a windows 7 computer.
My Broadcast computer runs on XP.
Also, I use 2 computers going through a Behringer mixing board.
One computer runs the commercials and other audio.
Can somebody help me?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there,

This could possibly be a number of things causing this? It could be your settings within SAM itself as it provides several live audio processing options, so you might wish to check over all of those settings or perhaps even just a fresh install of the software. It could also be related to your soundcard? So have a look over your soundcards settings, maybe try to re-install it and the drivers for it. It could also be related to your Behringer mixer instead and your routing set up?

Its a bit hard really for us to just diagnose the problem with your set up without taking a look at it ourselves in person unfortunately.

We can only really suggest taking your set up all apart, then setting it up again whilst trying out different set ups (using just the one PC / taking the mixer out of the equation etc) and just fault finding along the way really. That's probably your best way of finding out whats causing the problem.

open the voicefx config and adjust the buffer and delay. bump them up slowly and recheck after each adjustment. that should fix the mic noise.

additionally why are you using sam 4.2.2? you can upgrade to 4.9.8 via the spacial user zone