Sending radio signal via another server address

jorgear

Hello,

I own a Radionomy station but for example your directory does not allow this type of stations. I am looking to include my station here and that would be done only if I have a different server address. I have a free shoutcast adress for live broadcast with the radio platform listen2myradio.com but that I don't use because all the broadcast is scheduled. Can you give me an advice to send the radionomy radio signal via a different server address if that is possible in order to be allowed on internet-radio.com and also with the goal of getting more listeners? That's impossible or how can that be done?

Thank you.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Jorgear,

The straight up answer is that you wont be able to.

We would suggest relaying the Radionomy server through a standard Shoutcast / Icecast server, but for this you would require the servers IP (or hostname) and port number which as far as we know is not generally available with Radionomy servers.

jorgear

Thank you for your response. I see this is a difficult task, but there are many stations that broadcast via different streaming addresses, There are several in this directory. Can you please explain me how they do it? For that objective I suppose they always broadcast live via SAM or WinAmp, I suppose they have not their programs scheduled.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
With a relay, it does not matter what the source is playing whether that be a live stream or a scheduled automated stream. The streams source itself is irrelevant.

We explained above how you could relay a Radionomy stream through a different server. You would require the servers IP / hostname address and the port number. You then just enter this information into the relaying settings of another servers control panel. But as we said, we do not think Radionomy supply this information. We are pretty sure that their server status pages (for example http://us1.internet-radio.com:8180/) are made private / hidden as they use some form of modified Icecast / Shoutcast. But from what we can make out, the address that they usually give is something along the lines or a variation of http://streaming.radionomy.com/yourstationname or http://streaming.radionomy.com:80/yourstationname which indicates to us that they likely use some form of a cluster server(s) which hosts many many stations all on the same server and each station will then have its own mountpoint (i.e "/yourstationname") rather than an individual port number. So therefore getting your own stations server address and port is not possible. You could always ask them to see if they can provide this to you maybe?

For our own directory's we can only list stations that can provide us with a standard Shoutcast / Icecast status page address. We then use this page to poll all of the streams details to keep the listing updated. This why we cannot list Radionomy servers (or 'Live365') because we have no way of reading the station meta-data so we therefore cannot keep our database up to date with a radio stations status.

We hope that this helps? :)

jorgear

Thanks for your great explanation. Regrettably Radionomy won't give me that information. We producers who have a radio with them know that they are not a transparent company. However, very useful your post. Thanks again.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem at all, sorry that we are not able to list this for you. We would if we could!