Server no audio again!

80ssoundtracks

Hi, my station plays only my station I'd that I use when anyone hits the play icon, but once the jingle ends their is no audio at all but you can still see the track name that is meant to be playing!

I have had to restart server 3 times this week, in the 5 years I was with live365 I can't remember this happening!

I noticed this for the 3rd time this morning and I am not sure how long their has been no audio, whether it was a few mins or hours!

Why is this happening? Can't this be monitored at your end or is it always relying on myself to restart server!

I hope this can be resolved soon as this is very poor to hear only my station I'd then silence till someone restarts server! What makes it worse is that my station is meant to be on 24/7 as well! :(

Please advise

Thank you

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi 80's Soundtrack,

It sounds to us like one of the Jingles you have in your playlists is causing this. It could be due to an inconsistency in its format such at its bitrate, samplerate or number of channels.

You have quite a lot of files uploaded and added to the playlists, so without downloading each file and checking each of them its quite hard to pin point which file could be causing the issue. So you will need to monitor this and see if you notice any kind of pattern of which files(s) is/are causing this. Another client had a very similar issue recently and it turnt out that one of the files had a samplerate of 48,000hz when it should have been 44,100hz.

Your AutoDJ stream is configured for streaming at 192kbps (bitrate), 44,100hz (samplerate) and in Stereo. We can see in your "Station Identification" playlist that you have files of varying different bitrates such as 192kbps, 193kbps, 319kbps and 320kbps. These files should all be the same and consistent with your configured settings.

So really you just need to check over your files and as necessary re-encode / upload these again at the correct bitrate / samplerate etc. That should correct this issue.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No, this wouldn't be related to the US1 server crash the other day at all, you are on a completely different server (UK3) in another country.

You also have the "Replay Gain" setting disabled as well.

80ssoundtracks

Thank you for your quick response, I am using audacity to encode and I have that set at 192k consistant rate so not sure why it would give a differant bit rate! Is this a random issue with audacity as not sure why it would give me 193k?

Would 193k still give issues also if left?

80ssoundtracks

I've removed and replaced the 320k station ids, the 193k looks like they have been their since I started my station as they are early jingles I added so must have been the 320k causing the issues.

Thanx once again for your quick assistance :)