SHOUTcast Radio Directory

randomchedder

I am having difficulty making my radio station show up in the WINAMP / SHOUTcast Radio Directory. I have set my pulic server to always, what else do i have to do?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi RandomCheddar (great name btw :) ).

Good question. The shoutcast radio directory can be flaky at best. They do seem a bit better these days but you could expect to wait for a week or two. It also depends on how long you stream for. If your server is streaming for longer then this can help. Essentially though they dont guarantee you will get listed. It can take a while to show up in their listings so be patient.

trophydj

HI, I have been broadcasting for months and months and cannot find my station www.hfm1073.com in the shoutcast directory, I need to be in that directory as that is the only way to get windows mobile phones to tune into shoutcast stations.. BTW does anyone know if icecast can be listened to on windows mobiles:eek:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi TrophyDJ

The problem might relate to the title of your radio. www.hfm1073.com might not be the best title. Renaming it to something like :

HFM1073 Radio - www.hfm1073.com

might help. Have a go and see what happens. Unfortunately we don't control shoutcast.com. You might like emailing them to see if they can give you some more info.

hustlergraham

It's very strange.

We recently set up the Auto Dj System & when thats active we're not listed in the Shoutcast Directory either. But when we go Live we are? It's weird.

And it's 'always' set to broadcast on a public server on both.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Graham. We have checked out your server settings and everything is setup to be listed so no problems there. This leaves shoutcast.com to be the problem. shoutcast.com is notorious for not listing some radios for random reasons. Your log files show shoutcast.com is finding your station. The only thing we can recommend is that you monitor the situation as it is likely you will be listed eventually.