We're looking for music lovers...

SammyJ

Most radio stations don't tend to have that much of an interest in music, they tend to just to play the Top 40 on rotation or look back at the last 40 decades - which is fine, but isn't us, so if this is you, no need to read on!

Strange Fruit Radio has its focus playing music that most stations don't play, either mainstream or online, we enjoy playing music from The Clash, Deftones, and Nirvana as much as airing the latest releases from Twin Atlantic, Nick Cave, and Sleigh Bells.

We aim to be organising an R.S.L. broadcast for next year, with the hopes of applying for a full time licence towards the end of the year, or the year after.

We need people who have a genuine interest and passion in music and radio, who would like to get involved, whether its adding new items to our music library, liaising with presenters, arranging interviews, production, and presentation.

Help/training will be given as required, and we can supply the music, so if this interests you, E-Mail: help@strangefruitradio.net, or E-Mail our Chairman with any questions: martyngrant382@gmail.com

We look forward to hear from you in "Rocktober" (sorry couldn't resist! ;) )

Stevy6

PK He means the stations themselves are not interested in music. Just making money.

Internet radio however has the option to play a More select type of music. I.e. Not mainstream top 40 or classic oldies , 70s 80s 90s and naughties, for example pure EDM or Trance, B side tracks(if you don't remember 7inch vinyl you won't appreciate that) album tracks that didn't get released, or any type of music not on MAINSTREAM radio.
You will see stations on here looking for Reggae, reggaeton, ska, hip-hop, 60's, country, ska, punk and much much more. I.e not stuff you would hear on your typical radio station.

It's quite obvious he meant 4 decades or 40 years. It's simply a typo.
Give him a break and think before trolling a poster looking for a new presenter it's a social forum not a legal document.

Stevy6

"You're" ...... and I love your scarcasm and wit. Pure genius. ;)

Not wisdom just plain old internet etiquette.

Again his point is if your mainstream don't apply!!!!!

Anyway Pk what sort of music do you play? Our station are always looking.....check out our thread.

SammyJ

Thanks to Stevy6 for cming to my defence, and yes last 40 decades was obviously a typo, thanks also to Pk for pointing dat out!

My criticism was actually directed towards Presenters and radio stations - especially online stations, who as Stevy6 quite correctly points out due to the comparatively lack of restrictions in terms of licensing, etc., and the obvious cost differences, DO have that freedom to do something different, but the vast majority don't!

Digital radio has been promoted as the next "big thing", and all that has seen so far is an extension of the tripe that is already available.

Stevy6 is absolutely right, of course, there are a lot -comparatively speaking - of online stations who do do something different, reggae, spoken word, Indie, Alternative (as we do), Country, etc., but the vast majority seem to want to follow the professional radio stations in producing the same dire output.

Pk is correct also, those involved in online radio stations are a lot more dedicated to what they do, generally, than the professional stations and presenters are, which is great, but why have these talented individuals and station's repeating what the professionals do?

It brings to my mind a quote from the late, great former Radio One presenter John Peel who when making comments about Radio One shortly after joining it, called their daytime output "predictable porridge" - unfortunately this hasn't improved, it's actually got worse and there's more of it.

I hope that clarifies everything.

Many thanks for your interest.