A Beginner's question

pavlosradio

Ok guys, first of all i have to say that is nice that i came accross with this forum as it looks really helpful. I recently started a web radio but it's far away from what i want to do. I have a VPS 24 hours online with a good connection and windows server 2012 installed on it. I downloaded Winamp and shoutcast and i started streaming a few songs just for test. On top of that i got a domain name so i linked my VPS to the domain and i can access my shoutcast server by typing in the url + port. My playlist works great whenever i access it by my website (domain). The problem is whenever i try to access it from shoutcast.com website, i see my radio but no music comes out of it.

What i want to do, is to make it a bit more professional if it's possible. I want to rent a dedicated server or just a small VPS with big storage space and put all my music there, and then create a website so my friends or any people who want to listen to my music, can do that by accessing our webpage mainly.

My question is, how can i start? What kind of software do i need to get the best results? Is it windows or linux based these programs?

Thanks in advance

brlmedia

If you want to go VPS, look at xxxxxxxxx.com*. I have one of my stations on a windows server vps. rock solid. now you would have to install your own automation program.

*No links to other providers please, thanks - Support.

pavlosradio

What does shoutcast do? Can i broadcast without being a member of shoutcast? I prefer to have a VPS which can handle all of the connections but i want something stable. How does the internet radio community work and get organised?

Partyboy Radio i had a look at this website and the pricing is way to high for me. Im doing this for my own entertainment and i cant afford this money at the moment. For me a simple Joomla template with a Play! button on the main page would of been more than enough for my needs. I need to find a good free or paid template and i will do the rest.

pavlosradio

I have just checked your service. I need to test it and see if it fits me. Can i use the server for broadcast on my website or tunein radio or etc?? I am still studying the basics :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes of course, we provide code widgets in the servers control panel for you to embed a player for your station into your own website and you can also submit your server details to Tunein in order to be listed within their directories as well.

We do have a beginners guide in our forums which will provide you with all of the information that you will require to get started with Internet Radio that you may find helpful. This can be found here: http://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-internet-radio.12168/

Please just let us know if you have any more questions or if there is anything that we can assist you with at all, thank you.