Album/Single covers not loading

SamSmette

Hi there,

I have enabled the "Recent Tracks" widget and loaded this onto our website. However, so far none of the images for single/album covers appear to be being found. In Centova, I have reordered the list of places the widget sources the cover images from and reloaded the server but this doesn't seem to have worked. On our front page in Centova, the album/single cover images are also not appearing so I'm guessing something's not working quite right.

Can anyone suggest any ideas? Our website is www.radiohorton.co.uk and you can see the widget on the right hand side bar.

Many thanks.

Sam

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Sam,

The configuration settings under the "Albums" tab is only for configuring the retrieval of album art and metadata for the tracks in your media library when using the AutoDJ feature. But you are streaming live.

Unfortunately with Shoutcast and Centovacast displaying the artwork for live streams is not possible.

You may find the following links of interest regarding this:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2421.0
http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=3650.0

SamSmette

Many thanks. In that case, is there any way to disable the covers, or replace the 'nocover' (https://uk1.internet-radio.com:2197/static/radiohorton/covers/nocover.png) with a blankspace/ 1x1 pixel image so we can display the recently played tracks but instead of a horrible browser-generated broken image box! Can this be configured in our Centovacast Control Panel?

Sorry, I should add a screenshot, as the 'nocover' image does appear to exist but won't display in the widget for some reason.
!
recent.png

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Unfortunately not we are afraid. Not with a live stream.

Cover art is only supported by the AutoDJ feature, it does not work with live streams in any way.

DolbyNR

Dear Support,

Perhaps my question (without hijacking this thread) is in the same line ...
I'm streaming to my bedside radio (fyi: a gracedigital Mondo, capable to display covers from other radiostations).

Reading the tutorials, I can't find any information on how to upload/display a station cover.

In my SHOUTcast administrator panel, it says :

Stream artwork not available
Playing artwork not available

So in short : how can I upload/display my stream artwork ?
I'm not really interested in album cover display, I would like to enable my radiostation logo.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DolbyNR,

The control panel does not support a station logo we are afraid, only the track / album artwork. But as you are using the AutoDJ feature, you could always just embed your stations logo into each of your music files meta-data tags instead. This would mean re-encoding them again and then uploading them all over again though.

wrmx

I have files that I have re-encoded with the artwork embedded into the meta data, still have the same as DolbyNr does

Stream artwork not available
Playing artwork not available

Not sure how or why. I have the settings set for album covers to read ID3/metadata

Any ideas?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have had a look at your account and the "recently played" tracks are all now showing the cover artwork in the control panel as well as for the currently playing track.

It seems to be working fine for us here.

wrmx

Yes, they show fine within the control panel, but when using applications such as TuneIn or or very own app developed by Nobex, the artwork does not carry through

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Tunein have recently changed the way that their directory works, you now have to register for their broadcaster API for the track information to be displayed on their mobile app: http://tunein.com/broadcasters/api/ So this may be the same for the cover art work being displayed correctly as well? It might be worth contacting their support team for assistance with this.

Unfortunately we cannot support you with your own app. You would need your apps developers to look into why this is not working.