ANY STATIONS WANTING TO ADD SHOWS?

DJ_Matt

I USE CAPS SO ITS EASIER TO READ FOR SOME PEOPLE!

ANY “USA” STATIONS HIRING DJ’S?
(YES I USE THE TERM “DJ” ESPECIALLY FOR MUSIC SHOWS, I DONT CARE TO USE “RADIO PERSONALITY” TERM, EVER SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD I HAVE ALWAYS WENT BY THE TERM “DJ” RADIO OR MOBILE,
(DISC JOCKEY) NOW BACK TO THE POST, AND OR WANT LIVE SYNDICATED SHOWS? I DO A SHOW CALLED "NIGHT CAFE"
(CURRENTLY I AIR IT LIVE 7PM TO 12AM MIDNIGHT) (USA, EST) (5 SOLID HOURS OF MUSIC - SHOUT-OUTS - REQUESTS & DEDICATIONS) (MONDAY TO THURSDAY) PLAYING MAINLY MAINSTREAM RADIO TOP 40 HITS OF ALL TIME - NEW - ROCK, POP, HIP/HOP, R&B, DANCE, LOVE SONGS, SOME COUNTRY AND MORE TO TAKE YOU THROUGH THE EVENING AND HAVE A GOOD TIME - AS I SAY YOUR REQUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AS WELL OF COURSE!!! I MAKE RADIO FUN LIKE IT SHOULD BE WOOT WOOT =)

THE REASON I SAY “USA” IS BECAUSE I AM IN THE USA AND NOTHING AGAINST “UK” AND OTHER STATIONS AROUND THE COUNTRY, I TAKE LIVE CALLERS/TEXTS FOR REQUESTS, SHOUT-OUTS AND DEDICATIONS TO MY STUDIO WHEN I AM LIVE ON THE AIR AND I AM NOT SURE IF UK ETC CAN TEXT TO A USA PHONE NUMBER, ONLY USA AND CANADA, THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD ANYWAYS. ???
I HAVE 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE AND ALL GENRES OF MUSIC
(RADIO EDITED ESPECIALLY FOR FM AND CERTAIN NET RADIO STATIONS)

HAPPY 2022

THANKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR - STAY WELL AND SAFE AS ALWAYS!

- Matthew

Last edited:

AndyC

Uk phones can definitely text to a US number. It might cost more that's all. UK people just need to start the number with +1 (I think) which is the international code for the USA.

DJ_Matt

Well yea I know its +1. Thanks for the info.

But wasn’t sure how to go about that, being internet radio and even uk stations on the net are basically listenable anywhere

AndyC

Well yea I know its +1. Thanks for the info.

But wasn’t sure how to go about that, being internet radio and even uk stations on the net are basically listenable anywhere
I think you just give your number out on air including the 1 in front. I'm not sure about the US, but here in the UK when we use international code for our own domestic numbers we add the code but knock off the first 0 of the domestic number. So our domestic 07181 556677 would also work by typing in the international formal of 44 7181 556677. Have a look on your phone because they often show numbers in international format anyway these days.

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you just give your number out on air including the 1 in front. I'm not sure about the US, but here in the UK when we use international code for our own domestic numbers we add the code but knock off the first 0 of the domestic number. So our domestic 07181 556677 would also work by typing in the international formal of 44 7181 556677. Have a look on your phone because they often show numbers in international format anyway these days.

if your number is (311) 555-2368 you would just announce it as +1 311 555 2368.

Sending a text to a foreign country from UK isn't as expensive as it used to be, its about 5 to 8p per message for USA. Or whoever is receiving the texts can use something like Signal Messenger (which has some other privacy/security advantages and a desktop client) - and if the other person also has Signal its free (and you can still use the telephone number as an identifier).

(My day job is an IT/Network manager I work with all sorts of fixed and mobile devices and VOIP systems across a variety of providers and networks...)

DjInsanity

themixinternetradio.com are always looking for genuinely new DJs. We are not podcast or pre-recorded but we are live with 3 hour time slots to take requests through our request pages and have a small listeners-base. Any further information please don't hesitate to contact. The Mix runs on EST. I am from the UK (5 hours ahead) Hope to hear from you

DJ_Matt

I have my own server url link that I would give you for you to run my show is that okay?
I do see you are licensed through live365! Always great to be licensed!!

DjInsanity

unfortunately.. we are live DJs and run shows from our own server. This means you need to be live on air with the software and encoders that are provided (SAMs broadcaster) by ourselves

DJ_Matt

if your number is (311) 555-2368 you would just announce it as +1 311 555 2368.

Sending a text to a foreign country from UK isn't as expensive as it used to be, its about 5 to 8p per message for USA. Or whoever is receiving the texts can use something like Signal Messenger (which has some other privacy/security advantages and a desktop client) - and if the other person also has Signal its free (and you can still use the telephone number as an identifier).

(My day job is an IT/Network manager I work with all sorts of fixed and mobile devices and VOIP systems across a variety of providers and networks...)
Thanks for the info. But I wouldnt want to use my actual personal cell/mobile number ya know? I was thinking of checking into “VOIP” phones, but wasnt sure if that would work better or not since it is voice over IP correct?

Last edited:

DJ_Matt

Yes. I have Skype app and desktop, tried some others, but what if someone wants to just use their mobile to text or a land line or mobile to call?

Thanks

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. But I wouldnt want to use my actual personal cell/mobile number ya know? I was thinking of checking into “VOIP” phones, but wasnt sure if that would work better or not since it is voice over IP correct?

you can get a VOIP number that can receive text messages, they can be emailed to you or you can use other software. This is a link to one providers setup (others are available, I just picked voip.ms as I've used it in the past when I needed a North American VOIP number and this gives you an idea of the tech side of things you might have to set up)