Auto close volunteering threads after 2 months.

Pretmaker

May I suggest to auto-close volunteering threads after 2 months?

Reason why is simple, with lots of new stations and not allot of willing presenters, there are some stations who survive threads that are like more than 2 months old. This in turn makes other new stations who don't seem to pay attention to reply to it.

This happens frequently and can easily be prevented by auto-locking a thread. I can understand that some presenters are so popular to obtain that some people would revive a post that's like 10 months old, but I believe that if a person who is looking to be a presenter doesn't have a station after 2 months would post again in that time, or would have contacted a station themselves by that time.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
To be honest it would be easier to just get rid of the volunteering section altogether!! Too much bitching for my own personal liking.

Pretmaker

To be honest it would be easier to just get rid of the volunteering section altogether!! Too much bitching for my own personal liking.

True, but the traffic to the forum would drop down. As that forum has the most views, and the most topics. And honestly I don't really have an easy solution that will not cost you more time to moderate the specific forum and keeping it open.

The only viable solution would be to implement moderated responses where people can post 1 thread and then all other replies to that thread are hidden until review, or hidden from everyone except the thread starter, and the person who replies themselves (So that people remember that they've replied to it). But doubt this last one is an option, but if it was, then that would be the best option as that would not require work from you.

On the other hand, it's just a few people once in a while who stir up the topics, you could just give them a week ban and a warning for example.

Sonic

To delete volunteering would kill this forum. The current report option is doing well and ty Admin.
I do not do multiple posts about my station so hence it was started in 2018.
To stop these kids coming in and flood posting old threads with a station that not even on the web yet is annoying.
It's a great forum and if you kill volunteering you will loose us all as regular every day viewers.