Best software for new DJs to use

Waffling Wilson

Hi everyone,

I have a number of DJ wanting to start to stream to the station in order to gain some experience of broadcasting and also because they enjoy doing it however, I am having a problem with the available software they can use.

Initially they were using Mixx but there appears to be a bug which causes it to crash when tracks are being played.

What solutions do people use - they will need to play music and use a microphone for their live shows.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, time and expertise.

Ian

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Ian,

That's strange that you are having that issue with Mixxx? We have never encountered any such issue with it? Have you contacted their support team in regards to this?

You have so many options for encoders, but we have created some guides for some of the most commonly used and popular encoders here: http://www.internet-radio.com/community/forums/encoder-guides.23/

But we would not give up on Mixxx just yet, for free software and feature wise it's really good. Are you sure it's not certain file types that your DJ's are using that is perhaps causing it to crash? What version / build are you using of it?

Jeff Turner

We have been using SAM Broadcaster... Version 4.9.8 and even though its not supported any longer, it's by far the most stable of their releases that we know of... Having said that... You pay for a license key...

We are experimenting with Radio DJ now and seems pretty fun.... I've used Mixxx before as well in our mobile studios and not a big fan of it...

Luis Cruz

Hi, I new user in this page, and I use Nicecast for apple, but, I need the Ip address and How you Jeff Turner use Radio Dj, were you found your MY SQL HOSTNAME, SERVER and other thinks that you needed?