Beta Release : Mobile Internet Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have recently started work on a completely mobile version of the site. 8) Its still in Beta (testing) at the moment but has been tested on iPhone and Android. It should also work on iPad, iPod, Blackberry and Symbian OS mobile phones. The site should play radio on all devices without the need for installing any extra software.

Link : Mobile Internet Radio
attachment.php
attachment.php

We havent listed 100% of our radio station directory yet because of a few complications (it is Beta after all) but hope to improve this as we develop the site further. We think you will find the site very functional.

We are very interested in feedback especially from iPad, iPod, Blackberry and Symbian OS users as we dont have these devices in house for testing although we are pretty sure they will work too.

Warning : Streaming Internet Radio can use a lot of data. We recommend you use this service when connected via WiFi. Using this service on a 3G data connection may cause you to incur extra costs with your network provider.

Attachments

• mobile-qr-code.png
    mobile-qr-code.png
    561 bytes · Views: 3,689
  • Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 13.45.23.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 13.45.23.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5,157

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have just added the mobile QR code into the footer of each directory page.

D

DiscoDave

An excellent idea. One thought is how difficult it is to find any particular station - could you maybe add a seach box to search for the station name? Might also be useful to sort the genres into alphabetical order...

Last edited by a moderator:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on implementing a search function into the mobile version amongst a few other tweeks. :)

progyesfm

Works fine- is my station on?

Yes that works OK on my android phone (Galaxy S2). Is my station on, Progyesfm?
A search function would be great

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Great, glad to hear it :) We plan on implementing a search function very soon. We will keep you posted in this thread.

Yes that works OK on my android phone (Galaxy S2). Is my station on, Progyesfm?
A search function would be great

progyesfm

Please can you help me? i just need something basic that plays my station.

Hi thanks for this.
Suppose I just want a page with a player that plays my station (progyesfm)
no options, no sliders

1. Presumably I simply set up a new page on my website called /mobi
2. I put in your basic html code in (described in

jQuery Mobile Docs - Quick start
basic page template

3. What is it within that code that then points to my station?

regards
Tim

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Tim

On our Beta radio site we run some code which detects the useragent of the browser (i.e. iPhone / Android / Blackberry / Symbian etc...) and then serves up a link compatible with the device so it can tune in. For iPhones / Blackberry the native PLS is fine and allows tuning in without any extra apps installed. For Android / Symbian we run a proxy which changes the stream so it can be tuned in without the need for any extra apps.

This system is probably overly complex for what you need. You could simply provide 2 QR Codes (one for Android / Symbian and one for iPhone / Blackberry) so users can tune in that way. Heres the links for progyesfm :

iPhone / Blackberry : http://cp.internet-radio.org.uk:15393/listen.pls

QR Code :
img.php

Android / Symbian : http://mobile.internet-radio.com/Mo...adio=Y3AuaW50ZXJuZXQtcmFkaW8ub3JnLnVrOjE1Mzkz

QR Code :
img.php

Hope this helps :)

progyesfm

Thanks

Thanks very much that is probably all I need. However, It might be better if I can just have an simple 'app' which links to the station. I will probably try and do this via something like Andromo (or code it myself).

Ideally I would like my own graphic to display while my station is playing.

I don't know if you can think of a way of doing this.

Regards

Tim

spevy b

how 2 add my radio site ?

hi there can u add my online radio site 2 this service please ? if so how do i go about it ?

sojic

Great move. As as web developer, I believe that HTML is the best, crossplatoform standard and all applications should be html based. However, it would be better if you have "native" app for each mobile platform.

Gabaldá Ramon

I works perfectly on my Android tablet.
The only problem is that it only shows 50 stations for each category. You could put a paging button like web versión?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I works perfectly on my Android tablet.
The only problem is that it only shows 50 stations for each category. You could put a paging button like web versión?

Great! :)

Yes, it only has a certain amount of stations on there at present for each genre. We do intend to add more stations and further develop this.

Thanks for your feedback! :)