I just wanted to let everyone know of a brand new beginner's guide to creating a 24/7 streaming Internet Radio station available on Amazon. The book, The DIY Internet Radio Cookbook, covers all aspects of Internet radio, from choosing a streaming server to building your studio to promoting your station. Below is the "official" description (from the back cover of the book,) and I've also attached a file with the introduction and first chapter of the book to give you a taste of what the rest of the book has in store. Full disclosure: I am the author of this book, and I wrote it after being discouraged that there wasn't more information "out there" on building your own station. I'd welcome any feedback or questions you might have.
"Finally, a step-by-step guide to getting your own Internet radio station up and running on a shoestring. Radio Free Brooklyn co-founder Tom Tenney demystifies the process, guiding readers through every phase, including:
- 7 important questions to ask yourself before you start
- Finding a streaming host
- Building a studio
- Choosing your broadcasting software
- Creating your own automation protocols
- Building your station’s website
- Distributing your content
- Obtaining music licensing
- Marketing and promotion of your radio station "
205.2 KB Views: 3,489