Boppin' With Beth (syndicated show)

James Riley

I always learn so much about the artists featured on Boppin' With Beth and this week is no exception! The late American singer-songwriter Dan Fogelberg is this week's "Focus Beam" artist. Beth Riley tells about his life and music as well as a couple of boppin' tunes from his discography. There's some great tracks from some of his influences including Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Gene Clark with The Gosdin Brothers, Neil Young, StephenStills, The Beatles, Chris Hillman (and a super cool radio liner from him for Beth too) and Richie Furay (along with another great radio liner). I've got a rockin' song from The Rockin' R's in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from The Flying Burrito Brothers, Mitch Mann and James LeBlanc! Check it out here: https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1969/dan-fogelberg-focus-beam-on-boppin-with-beth-06-18-21/

James Riley

Have Mercy! This is one great hour of music and history on Boppin' With Beth! The great Billy F Gibbons (from that little ole band from Texas...ZZ Top) is this week's "Focus Beam" artist. Beth talks about his story with snippets of a few of his many collaborations and a couple of his solo tunes (and a rocker from ZZ Top too). Hear some of his influences including Jimmy Reed, Lightnin' Hopkins, B.B. King, Pee Wee Crayton, Muddy Waters, Lil' Son Jackson and Frankie Lee Sims. I've got a Buddy Holly classic in Rockabilly Rewind and there's also some killer tracks from The Kentucky Headhunters, Stray Cats and Buddy Guy (also featuring Billy). A haw, haw, haw, haw, haw...crank this one up! Listen here: https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1969/billy-f-gibbons-focus-beam-on-boppin-with-beth-06-25-21/

James Riley

Gotta say that this is my favorite hour of radio I've heard! Beth went all out on this week's Boppin' With Beth! Her focus beam artist this week is Ameripolitan award winner, Jimmy Dale Richardson! Beth gets some help telling his story from some of Jimmy's family and friends (including Jim Heath). You'll hear tunes from some of his influences including Elvis Presley, The Paladins, Reverend Horton Heat, Hal Ketchum, Eddie Cochran, James Intveld and Faron Young. There's also the latest tunes from Jimmy on Fun-Guy Records and he does a Beth's Lightning Round of fun questions too! I've got a Larry Dowd & The Rockatones track in Rockabilly Rewind and we hear rockers from Kyle Eldridge, TJ Mayes and Slim Jim Phantom!! You DON'T want to miss this one! Listen here: https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1...dson-focus-beam-on-boppin-with-beth-07-02-21/

James Riley

Gettin' back to the blues on this week's Boppin' With Beth! Beth's "focus beam" artist is 5 time Grammy Award winner, Keb' Mo'! Hear all about his awesome career along with a couple of great tunes from his catalog. He's also featured on tracks by Taj Mahal and Rory Block along with tunes by more of his influences including Little Milton, Jackson Browne, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton, James Taylor and B.B. King. I've got a Joyce Green rocker in Rockabilly Rewind and there's also killer tunes from Austin John & Kenny Neal too! Check it out here: https://www.mixcloud.com/BethRiley1969/keb-mo-focus-beam-on-boppin-with-beth-07-09-21/

James Riley

Always love how informative each episode Boppin' With Beth is and this is no exception. Find all about this week's "Focus Beam" artist, Peter Frampton. Beth digs deep in his musical history and also spins a couple of his solo tunes and a Humble Pie selection. Hear some of his influences including Cliff Richard & The Shadows, Gene Vincent, Paul McCartney, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Eddie Cochran, The Beatles and The Ventures. I've got a Mickey Hawks classic in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from Eric Johanson and Randy Seedorff & Soul Purpose as well. Check it out here and get your weekend rockin':

James Riley

It's Friday and time to crank up a new episode of Boppin' With Beth! Her "Focus Beam" is on American rock band, REO Speedwagon. Beth tells their story and plays a couple of rockers from their catalog. Hear some of their influences and peers including The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Beach Boys, Styx, The Byrds, The Who and The Allman Brothers Band. I've got a Rex Allen tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's a track from Moby Grape as well! Check it out here:

James Riley

This week's "Focus Beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth is the great Steve Earle! Beth digs deep into his life and career along with a couple of rockin' tracks from his catalog. Hear some of his influences including Elvis Presley, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Duane Eddy, Bruce Springsteen and his son Justin Townes Earle. Beth's Lightning Round returns with Sam Phelps and I've got an Eddie Cochran rocker in Rockabilly Rewind. Plus, there's some great tunes from Dallas Moore, The Shootouts and Mike & The Moonpies too! Check it out here:

James Riley

He had arguably the best voice of all time...Sam Cooke! He's this week's "Focus Beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth! Beth tells about his great but way too short life and career. She spins a couple of his amazing tunes proving his music will live on forever. Hear a few of his influences and peers including Lou Rawls, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Dion, Otis Redding, Bob Dylan and Aretha Franklin! There's also a new "Beth's Lightning Round" with Abby Girl from Abby Girl & The Real Deal. I've got a Bill Allen tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's rockin' tracks from McKinley James and Miss Freddye too!! Check it out here and get your weekend Boppin' & Twistin' (The Night Away): https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2021/08/sam-cooke-focus-beam-on-boppin-with.html

James Riley

I've been a Buddy Holly fanatic since I was about 9 years old. I used to wear sunglasses around the house as a kid just so I could try to look a little more like Buddy with his signature glasses. haha Needless to say, I LOVE this new Boppin' With Beth since the "Focus Beam" artist this week is Buddy Holly! Beth tells about his amazing and way too short career along with a couple of choice rockers of his. You'll hear some of his influences and peers including Bo Diddley, Hank Snow, Hank Williams, Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys, Dion, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and The Everly Brothers. I've got a fun Don Willis tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's some great tunes from Dean Z, Ryan Glenn and Luke LeBlanc too!! Check it out here:

James Riley

I love it when people are nice to Beth Riley so of course I loved it when Garth Brooks did a radio liner for Boppin' With Beth. You can hear him chuckle as he says "aka Mr. Yearwood" in it. There's no denying his popularity and sales and hear all about his rise to fame in this new episode of Boppin' With Beth. There's a couple of boppin' tunes from his discography and some tunes from a wide variety of influences including George Strait, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, George Jones, Dan Fogelberg, Chris LeDoux, Billy Joel and his wife, Trisha Yearwood. I've got a Lew Williams tune in Rockabilly Rewind too! Listen to all of it here:

James Riley

The great Steve Perry is this week's "Focus Beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth!! Beth tells about his incredible musical journey (see what I did there) from his early bands, experiencing huge success with Journey and his solo career. In addition to a couple of solo tunes, you hear a deep track from Journey and some of his influences including The Beach Boys, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Lou Christie, Aretha Franklin, Cream and Joe Tex. I've got a Johnny Burnette & The Rock 'N' Roll Trio tune in Rockabilly Rewind too! Check it out here:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2021/08/steve-perry-focus-beam-on-boppin-with.html

James Riley

It's so cool to hear this "Focus Beam" spotlight on co-founder of The Beach Boys, Al Jardine, on this new episode of Boppin' With Beth! Plus, today is his 79th birthday so it makes it extra special. Beth tells about his story with The Beach Boys as well as solo. She's got a couple of rockin' solo tunes (including his latest "Waves Of Love 2.0"), a track he sings lead on with The Beach Boys and from some of his influences and peers including The Limeliters, Pete Seeger, The Crows, America and Brian Wilson (featuring Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin). Beth's Lightning Round returns with some fun questions with Randell Kirsch (singer-songwriter as well as former touring member of The Beach Boys, Jan & Dean and more). I've got another "Al" in Rockabilly Rewind with Al Casey and there's more fun tunes with Mark Malibu & The Wasagas, Drifting Sand and Shoot The Pier! You do NOT want to miss this one! Check it out here:

James Riley

This one will wake you up this morning! Hear a new Boppin' With Beth with a "focus beam" spotlight on Lenny Kravitz!! He definitely has a cool and unique career and Beth Riley tells you all about it along with a couple of rockin' tunes from his career. She also plays a few of his variety of influences including Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Prince, Fela Kuti, Nina Simone, Marvin Gaye, Kiss and Stevie Wonder! I've also got a Roy Orbison classic in Rockabilly Rewind! Turn this one wayyyyyy up!! Listen here:

James Riley

Lovin' this great new episode of Boppin' With Beth today! Her "focus beam" is the great Junior Brown! Hear all about his career and his unique guit-steel along with a couple of rockers from his catalog! Beth plays some of his variety of influences too including Ernest Tubb, Red Simpson, Jimi Hendrix, Bo Diddley, Hank Thompson and George Jones & Tammy Wynette! Greg Townson (Los Straitjackets, The Hi-Risers and solo) is on Beth's Lightning Round and I've got a classic from Pat Cupp in Rockabilly Rewind! Plus, there's great tunes from Dan Whitaker, Dean Miller, The Barlow and Laney Lou & The Bird Dogs! Hear it all HERE:

James Riley

"Take out the papers and the trash..." Man, I have LOVED The Coasters since I was a kid. I remember buying as many 45's of them as I could. This week's Boppin' With Beth is super special because the "focus beam" artist is The Coasters! Beth tells about their story (and the reason behind their name), a couple of their great songs (they're all great) and some of their peers and influences (and artists THEY influenced) including The Cadillacs, The Del-Vikings, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Dion & The Belmonts, The Drifters and Grateful Dead. I have a Rockabilly Rewind rocker from Wanda Jackson plus Beth spins tunes from JD McPherson, Darrel Higham, Nathan Belt & The Buckles, Sue Moreno and Rio & The Rockabilly Revival!! Wanna hear an hour packed with killer tunes and commentary? Listen HERE:

James Riley

I've been a HUGE fan of Jan & Dean for as long as I can remember! It's so exciting to hear this week's "Focus Beam" on Jan & Dean on this new episode of Boppin' With Beth!! Beth tells all about their unique story along with a couple of their rockin' tunes. Hear from some of their peers and influences too including The Beach Boys, The Silhouettes, Danny & The Juniors, The Beatles, The Surfaris, Herman's Hermits and a couple of J&D covers by The Who and Ramones! I've got a tongue-tied track by Charlie Feathers in Rockabilly Rewind and there's some great tunes from The 5678's, Barista and The Volcanics as well!! Listen here:

James Riley

It's a special episode of Boppin' With Beth this week as Beth Riley has a special tribute to living legend, Jackson Browne! He recorded his first album 50 years ago and Beth takes a look at his career from then until his 2021 album, Downhill From Everywhere as well as a couple of choice rockers from his catalog. Hear JB covers from Los Lobos, Blackbird, Eagles, Mick Wigfall (with Darrel Higham and Imelda May), Jake Thistle, The Immediate Family, Bruce Springsteen & Patti Scialfa and hear Suzi Quatro's favorite Jackson tune too! I've got an Andy Starr tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's a track from JB's friend Warren Zevon as well. Listen here:

James Riley

There's nothing better than a classic and this week the "focus beam" on Boppin' With Beth is on the classic country sounds of the late, great Charley Pride! Beth tells about his amazing career along with a couple of choice tunes from his discography. Hear from some of his influences including Hank Williams, Red Foley, Red Sovine, Ernest Tubb, Roy Acuff, Pee Wee King, Jack Clement and Bill Monroe! I've got a rocker from Don Wade in Rockabilly Rewind plus there's Jesse Terry, John McEuen (with the Oak Ridge Boys), Johnny Cash and Southern Culture On The Skids (covering a Charley Pride classic) too! Listen here:

James Riley

The late, great J.J. Cale is this week's "focus beam" artist on the new Boppin' With Beth!! Beth talks about his rise to fame and how he didn't really like the spotlight on him. Others found huge success in covering his tunes...particularly Eric Clapton. Hear tracks from more peers and influences including Chet Atkins & Les Paul, Elvis Presley (specifically the playing of Scotty Moore), Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Kansas, Leon Russell and Johnny Rivers. I've got an Eddie Cochran track in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from Michelle White (Tony Joe White's daughter) and Pat Huggins as well! Check it out here:

James Riley

You're gonna love this week's Boppin' With Beth!! Beth's "focus beam" this week is Colorado Country band, The Barlow! She talks about their history, influences and about each member of the band. Beth's Lightning Round returns too with Shea Boynton from The Barlow. You'll hear some rockin' tracks from their catalog as well as some influences including Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson, Mike & The Moonpies, Jackson Browne, Johnny Paycheck, Whitey Morgan & The 78's and Cody Jinks. I've got a Rockabilly Rewind tune from the Stray Cats and the show ends on a killer Flatland Cavalry tune. Listen here: