Boppin' With Beth (syndicated show)

James Riley

You'll wanna crank this one up! Ann Wilson from Heart is the "focus beam" artist on the new Boppin' With Beth!! Beth talks about her career from her days with Heart to her solo material. Hear a couple of her solo tunes as well as a rocker from Heart. Plus, there's tunes from some of her influences: Paul McCartney, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Aretha Franklin and Robert Plant. Beth's Lightning Round returns with KC Johns along with a killer Led Zepplin cover. I've got a Robert Gordon & Link Wray tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from Emily Zuzik and a live track from Led Zeppelin as well!! Check it all out here:

James Riley

"Mommy's all right...daddy's all right...they just seem a little weird..." It's another great rockin' episode of Boppin' With Beth this week with a "focus beam" on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member's Cheap Trick!! Beth tells about their whole history along with a couple of killer tunes from their catalog. You'll hear tracks from some of their varied influences including The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Sex Pistols, The Kinks, The Who, Big Star, Dwight Twilley Band and Raspberries. I've got a Carl Perkins classic in Rockabilly Rewind and we hear the first ever duet between John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen too! Listen HERE:

James Riley

English singer/songwriter Paul Carrack is this week's "focus beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth! You've heard the man with the "golden voice" as he's led bands like Ace ("How Long"), Squeeze ("Tempted"), Mike & The Mechanics ("The Living Years") as well as his amazing solo projects including his new album (One On One). Hear a couple of his solo tracks as well as tunes from some of his influences including The Beatles, Ray Charles, The Shadows, Marvin Gaye, Gerry & The Pacemakers, Donny Hathaway and a cool "Beth's Lightning Round" with Beth Riley asking Paul some fun rapid fire questions. I've got a Jimmy Dell rocker in Rockabilly Rewind and there's a classic from The Spinners too! Take a listen here:

James Riley

I always love the crazy amount of research and information that Beth puts into each episode of Boppin' With Beth!! Check out this week's "focus beam" on the great Chris Hillman! There are tunes from some of his influences including Buck Owens, Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Spade Cooley, Kingston Trio and others. Plus, a track from him in The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers and Souther-Hillman-Furay Band. We hear Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers cover that same tune by The Byrds as well. Beth tells all about his amazing career with a couple of great tunes from his solo discography too. I've also got a rocker from Joe D. Johnson in Rockabilly Rewind! Take a listen now at this link:

James Riley

You'll definitely be boppin' along while listening to this new Boppin' With Beth episode! The focus beam artist is the one and only Arthur Alexander!! Beth Riley tells about his great story and spins tracks from some of his influences including Billy Ward & The Dominoes, Clyde McPhatter, Nat King Cole, Big Maybelle and some that he influenced including The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Bob Dylan and Donnie Fritts. I've got a Roy Hall rocker in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from Dan Penn, Abby Girl & The Real Deal, James LeBlanc and Wilson Pickett in the mix too! Take a listen here:

James Riley

I'm so happy to get to co-host with my lovely wife Beth Riley on her awesome show Boppin' With Beth this week! It's the annual Tribute/Christmas show! We look back at some of the artists we lost in 2021 as well as play some select Christmas songs in the mix as well. We play tunes from those we lost including Chuck Morpurgo (guitarist with Dallas Moore), Lloyd Price, BJ Thomas (Christmas tune from him), Kansas (Robby Steinhardt), ZZ Top (Dusty Hill), The Rolling Stones (Charlie Watts), Black Oak Arkansas (Rickie Lee Reynolds), Tom T. Hall, The Everly Brothers (Don Everly), Commander Cody (Christmas song from him), Elvis Presley (drummer Ronnie Tutt), The Astronauts (Jim Gallagher and Rich Fifield), Dino Desi & Billy (Billy Hinsche), The Monkees (Michael Nesmith) and Christmas tunes from Lucky Jones, Jesse Terry and Dave Del Monte! I've also got a Jesse James tune in Rockabilly Rewind! Check out here:

James Riley

This new Boppin' With Beth is a great way to end the year! Singer-songwriter Jesse Terry is the "focus beam" artist this week. Beth tells about his story with some help from family members as well. Jesse is also the guest on Beth's Lightning Round along with some great tunes from his catalog. Hear tracks from some of his influences too including Jackson Browne, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon and Joni Mitchell. I've got a Hank Mizell tune in Rockabilly Rewind and Beth closes the show with an appropriate "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield! As Beth always says..."who knows what else will happen"...but we DO know it's always fun and boppin'! Check it out here:

James Riley

It might not be a Manic Monday today BUT it is a NEW episode of Boppin' With Beth with a fun "focus beam" on The Bangles! Beth tells about their story along with a couple of rockers from them as well as tunes from some of their influences and peers including Blues Magoos, The Beach Boys, Talking Heads, The Byrds, Blondie, The Go-Go's, The Patti Smith Group, Love and The B-52's! I've got a Ricky Nelson classic in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from American Blonde and Mike Love (with John Cowsill on lead vocals). Listen to it HERE:

James Riley

Here's another stellar episode of Boppin' With Beth with my favorite DJ- Beth Riley! Her "focus beam" artist this week is the late, great Keith Whitley! You'll hear all about his way too brief career along with a couple of his amazing tunes. You also hear some songs from some of his influences including Hank Williams, The Stanley Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, George Jones and a tune from his son Jesse Keith Whitley and widow, Lorrie Morgan. Beth's Lightning Round returns with Wes Shipp along with one of his tunes. I've got a track from Billy Lee Riley (no relation) and there's great tunes from Ricky Skaggs (with Shenandoah) and Jason Duggins rounding out the show! Listen HERE:

James Riley

One of the best dressed rockers of all time...the late, great Robert Palmer is this week's "Focus Beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth! If you're like me, you'll be reminded of how great his discography is! Beth plays a couple of his solo tunes as well as one from The Power Station. You'll also hear tunes from some of his influences including Otis Redding, Nat King Cole, Sam & Dave, Wilson Pickett, Billie Holiday, James Brown and Little Feat. I have a tune from Janis Martin in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from Hershel Yatovitz, Darren Michael Boyd and Screamin' Rebel Angels too! Listen HERE:

James Riley

Better make some "room to rock" as you listen to this new Boppin' With Beth and her "focus beam" on rockabilly legend, Levi Dexter! Beth talks about his early days, influences and more along with a couple of great rockin' tunes from his catalog including Levi & The Rockats, Levi Dexter & The Ripchords and Levi Dexter & The Gretsch Brothers. There's a great selection of tunes from influences and peers including Johnny Burnette & The Rock N Roll Trio, JD McPherson, Janis Martin, Joe Clay, Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps, Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers, The Flying Saucers, Cliff Richard, Carl Perkins, Darrel Higham and Elvis Presley. I've got a Jimmy Lloyd tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's some great tunes from J.P. McDermott and Western Bop as well as The Crownies in the mix as well. Listen here:

James Riley

This new episode of Boppin' With Beth is a great hour of rockin' tunes! I was reminded of how much I love the "focus beam" band this week...The Smithereens! Beth tells all about their story including tunes from those that influenced them (and some they influenced) like Buddy Holly, The Grip Weeds, The Kinks, The Who, Gin Blossoms, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, The Everly Brothers, The Beatles, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Nirvana, The Beach Boys and The Rolling Stones! Of course, there's also a couple of choice rockers from their killer catalog and I've got a Curtis Gordon track in Rockabilly Rewind! Listen here (and crank it up):

James Riley

Electric blues guitarist, singer, songwriter and producer, Joe Louis Walker is the "focus beam" artist on this week's Boppin' With Beth. You'll hear about the variety of influences that helped shape his unique sound Otis Redding, B.B. King, T-Bone Walker, Amos Milburn, John Mayall & The Blues Breakers and John Lee Hooker. Joe Louis Walker is also the guest on Beth's Lightning Round too! I've got a Gene Vincent track in Rockabilly Rewind and there's tunes from The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Kenny Neal and Billy F Gibbons as well!! Listen here:

James Riley

This new Boppin' With Beth is some good company for your listening pleasure! English rock group Bad Company is the "focus beam" band this week! Hear tunes from some of their influences including The Beatles, Albert King, The Band, Hubert Sumlin & Pinetop Perkins, Otis Redding, Chuck Berry, Otis Rush and Aretha Franklin. Plus, there's a couple of rockers from the Bad Company catalog as well as a classic from Free. I've got a Billy Carroll tune in Rockabilly Rewind and The Anderson Council closes the show. Hear it HERE:

James Riley

Get ready for another killer episode of Boppin' With Beth available now (link below). Rock & roll musician Sarah Borges is this week's "focus beam" artist on Boppin' With Beth. There's a couple of rockin' tracks from her and we hear about her background and career so far and she's the guest for a new Beth's Lightning Round too. Also, hear tunes from some of her influences and peers including Buck Owens, X, Bonnie Raitt, NRBQ, Loretta Lynn, Tom Petty, Jesse Dayton and her boyfriend Keith Voegele. I've got a Glenn Reeves tune in Rockabilly Rewind and there's a classic from Looking Glass (with a tie-in to one of Sarah's songs) too! Hear it all HERE:

James Riley

Break on through to the other side...LOVE hearing my favorite DJ Beth Riley on Boppin' With Beth with a "focus beam" on The Doors!! You'll hear tracks from their influences including Them, Canned Heat, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, The Seeds, Chuck Berry, Little Junior Parker and The Rolling Stones. You'll hear about their history and of course will hear a couple of tracks of theirs as well! I've got a wacky and fun tune from Don Woody in Rockabilly Rewind and we'll also hear tunes from the Jason Lee McKinney Band, Nathaniel Hintz, Blackbird, The Band, Ed Roman and The Doors end the show as well! Check it out here:

James Riley

There's a dropbox link on the page below to hear the new Boppin' With Beth "focus beam" on Asleep At The Wheel. The mixcloud player on the page doesn't seem to be working in the US but definitely click on the dropbox link on there to hear this killer new show. Hear from influences of theirs including Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen, Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys, Hank Thompson, Ray Price, Floyd Tillman and Milton Brown & His Brownies. Original member of Asleep At The Wheel, Ray Benson joins Beth for her "Beth's Lightning Round". I've got a fun tune from Joe Bennet & The Sparkletones in Rockabilly Rewind, Plus, hear tunes from Geoffrey Miller, Weldon Henson, The Shootouts and Ida Red. Check it out here:

James Riley

One of my favorite bands from the 80's Mr. Mister is the "focus beam" artist on the new Boppin' With Beth! You'll hear from some of their influences including The Beatles, Steely Dan, The Beach Boys, Crosby, Stills & Nash as well as some projects members played on including The Rembrandts, Herbie Hancock and Kenny Loggins. There's a couple of great rockers from their catalog as well as a pre-Mr. Mister band called Pages and a solo track from Richard Page. I've got a tune from The Polecats in Rockabilly Rewind and The Immediate Family closes the show! Take a listen HERE:

James Riley

This is such a cool and informative episode of Boppin' With Beth! Livingston Taylor is the "Focus Beam" artist this week. Hear about his career, siblings (including brother James Taylor) as well a few tracks from his catalog. He's also the guest on Beth's Lightning Round too which is always a fun segment. You'll hear from some of his influences including Ray Charles, Woody Guthrie, The Kingston Trio, Ike & Tina Turner, Bobby "Blue" Bland and Dionne Warwick. I've got an early Link Wray tune in Rockabilly Rewind. Plus, there's also a tune from Liv's sister Kate Taylor and his brother James Taylor closes the show with Liv's favorite song from JT's collection! Hear episode HERE: