Broadcasting

Fabian Lewis

Hi guys am new here. Just have a little problem hoping I can get solved. I have been broadcasting for a year now online and I now want to add Talkshow to my extensive music schedule.

So I bought an external mixer Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB to help me out with that. Am using Mixxx as my broadcasting software.

Now I want to take the audio from Mixxx, the audio from my phone which I want to do calls from, mix it in the mixer and then send it back into the computer to Mixxx and out to my servers.

How do I do this because I havnt been successful so far trying to do that.

Thanks much.

Fabian Lewis

Ok. But like how I don't have another lab top just now can I run it on the same one straight to the server?

The company I use for streaming does all the heavy lifting. All I do is just enter the details of the server once into mixxx and I can connect anytime and go live.

If I use Butt will it mean I no longer would need to broadcast from Mixxx both as the software and encoder?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, Mixxx would just be for playing back your music and BUTT would act as the encoder instead, it should work still from doing it on the same machine. You do not really want to be feeding Mixxx's output back into Mixxx again from the mixers master output. Saying that though, isn't the Behringer Xenyx 1204 an audio interface as well? So you may actually be able to configure its routing which you would need to refer to the mixers user manual on how to do this.

Fabian Lewis

Yes it has usb but I still can't figure out the routing other than from my computer to the mixer, even when I try it with Voicemeeter Banana. The user manual is just nonsense.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We can only recommend contacting Behringer then for some assistance with the using the mixer and its routing. We are not able to help you with this here we are afraid.