Status
Not open for further replies.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are moving the data centre of the server cp.internet-radio.org.uk :

Starting: November, 12th 2009 / 10PM
Ending: November, 13th 2009 / 7AM

The server will be offline for a maximum of 3 hours.

This will improve connectivity.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Apologies for the extended issue on the move.

This data centre move is essential for us to maintain the best possible connectivity for your radio servers. We have had a few issues with the data centre that hosts cp.internet-radio.org.uk. We requested that the server be moved to a more resilient network. This is still in the process of happening and we are awaiting a response from the network engineers.

Obviously the above time frame given by the network engineers appears not to be the case and we are chasing them on this now. We will update the status here in the forum as and when we have an update. :nerd:

We totally understand your :mad: and if you have been affected send us an email and we will credit your account with some free bandwidth. Apologies once again.

baytrustradio

how much longer

HI
Any idea how much longer the server is going to be down we are trying to run a radio station and its now 18.34 and no update

John Williamson
Bay Trust Radio

baytrustradio

so what's happening

We are needing a time frame as to when it will be back up please

John Williamson
Station Manager
Bay Trust Radio

scorpio4646

Do you have any time when the server will be up again. I think this is VERY BAD as a proffesional service provider. Perhaps next time something like this happens it would be a good idea to email all your customers and let them know what is going on. I have another syndicated show tomorrow and need to know if it will be back by then. I will certainly be seeking some form of compensation for this MAJOR upheaval:mad:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have been on at the network engineers this morning and are trying to get this sorted ASAP. Unfortunately when we left yesterday everything seemed to be working again and this morning we realise its gone down again. Apologies for this and we will get it back asap!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have just had a report that the Network Card in the machine died and is currently being replaced.

powermixfm

Notification for customers

Dear Support

I also personally believe that
a better way of notifying customers
for issues like this is by e-mail :)

Because most of us don't have time
to be in the forum and get informed
at the right time.

Also an additional to this is that
if something else like this is ever
scheduled to be done in the future
is to notify the customers at least
1 week earlier in order for "big"
radios to know what to do and how
to manages their live shows and feeds.

Personally me for our Radio Station
i never had any problem with Internet-Radio.org.uk

I am a very satisfied customer.

Keep up the good work.
And i have faith that everything will
work and be back to normal :)

Best Regards to all the Team
JIM (ceo @ powermix fm)

powermixfm

Notification for customers

Dear Support

I also personally believe that
a better way of notifying customers
for issues like this is by e-mail :)

Because most of us don't have time
to be in the forum and get informed
at the right time.

Also an additional to this is that
if something else like this is ever
scheduled to be done in the future
is to notify the customers at least
1 week earlier in order for "big"
radios to know what to do and how
to manages their live shows and feeds.

Personally me for our Radio Station
i never had any problem with Internet-Radio.org.uk

I am a very satisfied customer.

Keep up the good work.
And i have faith that everything will
work and be back to normal :)

Best Regards to all the Team
JIM (ceo @ powermix fm)

Angel?

Sounds good :)

Thank you for your hard work of getting things up and running again, things like this are very difficult to fix.

Nothing like this have ever happened before in the 3-4 years I have known at this place.
I can for one say that , if I know you guys correct, you have been working 24/7 on getting the problem fixed.

People getting angry don't help, don't make the work go faster, just get the people fixing it even more frustrated, they want it up as bad as we do..

Keep up the good work guys, I know you can do it :angel:

scorpio4646

I am a PC techie and it doesnt take 2 hours to replace a network card, unless you had to go to PCWorld to get one as they dont open till 9am

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Scorpio: We agree but unfortunately its not us replacing the card but the data centres. Engineers.

Anyway the server is back online at last and we are working on crediting all those accounts affected by the issue.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
According to the network engineers the network card was damaged while the server was being moved to the new data centre. It appeared to work initially but then failed an hour or so later. The second failure wasn't realised until the day after because everything appeared to working after support left the office. The network card was replaced with a new one but only we noticed at 6am this morning. We will obviously be taking the necessary steps to ensure this sort of problem is unlikely to occur again and it it does happen speed up the process to which it gets sorted. We apologies once again and thank you for you understanding.:bow:

MaxDance.co.uk

Hi,
Whilst i respect technical problems happen (i was in the web hosting business and still am in a small scale) it is the support (or lack of in this case) that either reasures you the problem is being sorted or that the problem is not being sorted and you are being ignored..

Not only was the forum not updated/visited by support but neither did any emails get reply's, and that is what i think makes people angry, the fact there was no one there and nothing seemed to be done!

As i said, you define a service not by the way
it runs when things go well but by the way they handle the problems and how fast they correct them...

Only customers with small stations would say the way this was handled was acceptable, if you are a larger station and in the "ever growing" mode the way this was handled was not acceptable, look at your support and indeed improve! Ticket system by Kayako is an excellent system, set up so you receive mobile support tickets or texts! Anything beats being ignored!

Regards,
Juan @MaxDance

OPFradio

4 servers

We are needing a time frame as to when it will be back up please

John Williamson
Station Manager
Bay Trust Radio

Ditto - we too need a time frame.
As a back up we run 4 servers for OPF Radio just incase one of them goes down (like this situation)
Just an idea to bare in mind John so as to keep your station on air.
But it is still unexceptable practice.

Gaz Crossley
Studio Manager
OPF Radio
OPF Radio :: open project franchise for expressive arts

djkayleigh

ok it seems night of the fallen angel radio is now affected by this move as i cannot log in to the admin page and have been unable to for two days now and we keep losing our stream when is this all going to be fixed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.