Directory Problem

D

DiscoDave

Is there a problem with the entire directory tonight? The main page is all corrupt.... see screendump below. This is in Internet Explorer 7. Was fine up until about 6pm this evening.

screendump.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DiscoDave

It was fine up until about 6pm though. It would seem that something has happpened to the directory.

D

DiscoDave

Works fine in Firefox, but still shows the same problem in IE and Opera too, so dunno.... Any other ideas...?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ahh well spotted. We have been updating the directory and adding pagination. Obviously IE7 doesn't like our new css. Thanks for pointing this out. We will fix and make a post in the news section explaining a bit more about the changes.

D

DiscoDave

Have discovered a problem with the search facility on the directory. (sorry guys) It seems to have old listener data and not the correct info from the main directory listings.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for the heads up Dave. Search is now fully integrated into the new DB structure which much improved speed and pagination.

D

DiscoDave

Mmmm doesn't appear to be working right. We're showing 4 listings (2 of each stream) for some reason...

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Its displaying both your shoutcast.com listing and our internal one. We will look into what can be done... two is better than none though right ? ;)

D

DiscoDave

Not sure if the double lilstings and this next problem I have found are connected - we've updated our Genres, but the directory fails to pick them up - even after a server restart they still show the old ones.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ahh yes you are right Dave. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will get this sorted. In the meantime we have manually changed your genres.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Many Thanks to DiscoDave for helping with identifying some issues.

• Issue with updating genres
  • Some radios not displaying correctly.
  • Duplicate radio stations.
We are working on these at the moment. Will post more when its sorted.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Right :) We have fixed the genre issue, its now updating correctly. We have also fixed the issue causing some stations not being displayed at all. We are still working on the duplicate listing issue but the problem is a little bigger and may require longer to sort out.

The root of the issue is that we supplement the radio station listings with stations gathered from shoutcast.com so those with a station listed publicly on shoutcast.com have their listing displayed from there and internally hence two listings. Will post more on this as we address the issue further.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have just fixed some minor bugs which caused the directory to slow down over time. Its should be nice and speedy again from now on.

D

DiscoDave

Are you having directory problems tonight? It is taking a long time to load?

djkayleigh

problems

hi i dont know if everyone is having the same problem as we are but i am having trouble with the site some of it wont load and and i cant seem to get to the station directory. can anyone help me please