Encoder

adelaideradio

Hey support hows things, was wondering waht encoder i needed for virtual dj they only have ogg for icecast and mp3 for shoutcast. wat do i need to do thanks:D

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Icecast supports MP3 aswell. Are you sure there's no option for MP3 over Icecast ?

Any other Virtual DJ users out there wish to comment ? We don't run a copy here.

rollinradio

Ogg !

Hi adelaide radio,

Got your email will reply soon !

Virtual Dj only supports ogg for icecast, sorry I cant test anything as I only have Shoutcast servers and as you know Virtual DJ will support the lame encoder for that purpose.
From what I can work out it would be possible by relaying the stream using moint points and encoding it from ogg to mp3 with maybe a diiferent encoder like edcast but this involves a lot of programing and metadata to link it all.

I found your solution here - Download the free trial of Sam Broadcaster thats supports all formats for icecast and shoutcast.

Pretty much the same as virtual dj but more professional.

SpacialAudio Solutions, LLC - SAM Broadcaster - Internet Radio Automation Software

This is a 14 day trial only but it will give you an idea of how it works.

After that pay for it to get a licencse code.

Or if you look hard in the right places you will find it in a p2p site if you know what I mean.

Would not be fair to post links as I dont believe in ripping of companies that work hard to develope sch programs.

Also the forum would be over run with torrent files.

Hope this helps - Look out for my email.

RollinRadio

adelaideradio

Hey

Hi Rollin how u doing, was wondering if u knew where to put the details into sam broadcasting or if any ones does work out some ut not 100%, thanks guys.

Adelaide Radio:rofl: