general

U

Unregistered

Hello,

i read the info on the website and the questions are:

1. if i want to make a radio show without live music i just need a ftp account to upload the music and generally make the schedule using auto dj?
do i need any other software or hardware? (encoder?)

2. how many users can upload music using the ftp?

3. if i want to make live shows what s/w h/w i need?

thank you for your time.

retrofm dj rio

some questions answered for you

here @ internet radio servers they provide an auto dj feature basically once you sign up for an account be it monthly or pay as you go subscription you will be presented with a user control panel which you are able to log into via your station name and a password which you provide @ sign up with the control panel you will get the option to add an auto dj feature to your station you subscribe via the usual options paypal etc as you do for your account if you choose the auto dj feature be it 512mb and upwards each one has a diffrent price ratio select the one the best suits your budget then all you need is the information provided within your control panel i.e server port user name etc download filezilla which is freeware enter the relevant info and off you go anybody can upload music to your auto dj feature as long as you have provided them with the password although i wouldnt reccommend this as this normally tends to be your main admin password you provided at set up

i.e once you sign up for auto dj you just enter the info like this

name is your station name eg mine is retrofm

password is the password you provide at sign up eg radiouk etc or whatever you have chosen

server port is provided by internet radio servers on control panel page

as well as ip info

to broadcast live there are many diffrent types of software out there sam broadcaster virtual dj which both have built in encoders you just need to set them up but there are also others we use bpm studio 4 which requires a seperate encoder which are also outthere to download edcast etc

anybody can broadcast a live show basically you set up another password for your dj,s to connect to your server although if you are running shoutcast you would need to disable the auto dj from the control panel although there is a code snippet for this function to be added to your site if your okay with php script

thats just basic information for you but there are many tips hints and other usefull information out there in the forums and many exp users of the service im still new to this myself but if i can help mail us @ retrofm965@blueyonder.co.uk

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for the input RetroFM :) Much appreciated!

Hello,

i read the info on the website and the questions are:

1. if i want to make a radio show without live music i just need a ftp account to upload the music and generally make the schedule using auto dj?
do i need any other software or hardware? (encoder?)

Yes we support scheduling on the Auto DJ. As RetroFM says, the AutoDJ service is an add on you subscribe to when you have a radio server with us. You dont need any extra software to use this apart from an FTP program to upload your tracks to the server. We have a guide in the forum which we will send you a link to once you have subscribed to the Auto DJ.

2. how many users can upload music using the ftp?

You can probably have around 8 simultaneous users on the ftp.

3. if i want to make live shows what s/w h/w i need?

thank you for your time.

You will need encoder software which you can get for free (there are also paid ones) and a PC + sound card.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions. 8)