Genres gone ??

DJD

all but one of the genres have disappeared from my start up page along with my listeners??
Why I haven't reset anything
Oh my station is TranceFX Radio

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DJD,

Right ok. We have not changed anything on your account so that is a bit odd? We recommend stopping your server and then restarting it, that should correct the issue.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok we can see what is happening here. It is because you have created an authhash for your Shoutcast v2 stream and this genre setting of "Trance" is overriding the genres that you have set in your control panels settings. Unfortunately Shoutcast now limit the amount of genres that you can have set with the authhash, so the only way around this would be to delete the authhash and therefore make the stream not registered for their own shoutcast.com directory. But this will mean that the genres in your control panels AutoDJ settings will be used instead in our directory.

DJD

Ah thank you am I right to assume you need to set your stream to public if you want to add it to the directories e.g. Tune in ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes that is correct generally, but it might still work with Tunein without it being made public though? It's worth a try at least as we cannot say for sure exactly how others run their own directories.