How can I display the title to the musical piece I'm listening to???

Devout Patriot

The main problem I see on this website is that the song, artist and album titles are not displayed when I listen to a station. I've heard music on these stations that I've never heard before that I like a LOT! I'd like to know what I'm listening to

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Devout Patriot,

A lot of the stations here do display the now playing track information.

For example: http://www.internet-radio.com/station/dougeasyhits/

The track information can be seen underneath the stream title "Easy Hits Florida".

However, some stations may not always display the track information and this is just down to how they host their stations. If they are live mixing on turntables or CD players, unless they are manually updating this information themselves it will not be displayed due to the nature of the formats that they are playing. The same also goes for pre-recorded shows / mixes as well where it may only give the title of the show / mix itself. So there is not much that we can do about that unfortunately.

In any such cases we suggest just contacting the stations themselves for a tracklisting and hopefully they will be able to provide this for you.

CBIR

So how do I get BUTT to send the info to the internet-radio icecast server for my live broadcasts?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
So how do I get BUTT to send the info to the internet-radio icecast server for my live broadcasts?

This will only work with BUTT if you manually update the song titles yourself.

Under the 'Stream' tab you can either "Update song name from file" or "Update song name manually".

CBIR

So I changed my encoder to edcast and now it sends the metadata but now the autodj sends it even though there is a live stream going. I then am forced to stop the autodj and remember to restart it just before the live broadcast is concluded. IS this the way I have to do it or can I set it so the live stream is the priority and the auto dj does not overwrite the titles to the stream.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
If you are running an Icecast server, in your encoders settings enter the mount point of /live, that way your live stream will automatically over ride the AutoDJ stream (which is running on the /stream mount) without having to manually disconnect it yourself and this will also display the meta-data from your live stream instead.

CBIR

OK did that but the autodj kept writing the title of the song that was being played on the autodj stream and overwriting the update from the live broadcast.

CBIR

OK NOt sure now but it must be just while I am in the control panel and it is listed below. I guess that is why I got confused. It is listing the auto dj there but not on the website.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ah right yes, just ignore that in the control panel as the AutoDJ is still running in the background of your live stream so the recent track titles will still be displayed there.