Intro file, aac from mp3 ???

DJD

Hi just a quick question, im broadcasting in aac so my station intro track will need to be aac as well right ??
if i convert an mp3 file with audacity and set to save as m4a (aac) files will this enable the intro file to play before broadcast plays on listeners devices ??

many Thanks
david

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi David,

This would need to be an Mp3 file. The AutoDJ feature will automatically convert the stream (including the intro file) to AAC as per your settings.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Right okay, the change over from Mp3 to AAC must be the issue. Centovacast never previously supported the upload of AAC files so I'm not sure that uploading an intro file in AAC is going to work for you.

Also the problem with encoding a file to AAC in Audacity is that is does not let you set the bitrate / sample rate etc. The intro file needs to be encoded exactly as per your AutoDJ settings, so by this I mean the same bitrate, samplerate and number of channels.

DJD

Converted file to aac and uploaded last night, this seemed to knock auto dj off, took the aac file off again and now station is playing but the auto dj symbol says it's not enabled, it is tho ?? Can you plz help

DJD

Thanks, just checked but in still getting an auto dj offline even tho station is playing?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The reason that your server keeps turning itself automatically is because you have a negative bandwidth balance of -13.44GB.