Is it your Time to join a station with listeners? Read on.

Stevy6

So you wanna be a DJ? Apply here!!!!
I'm a DJ on http://hive365.co.uk and we are always on the lookout for Talented Presenters (Male or Female) to join our amazing team.
We offer more interaction than any other station on the forums via our Webplayer / Windows7 Gadget / Ingame Plugin, Discord and our Request page on our website.

Please check our Schedule for available DJ Slots before applying, if your preferred slot is filled, still apply and please note it in your application a slot you would like, as we may be able to accommodate.

If you wish to apply to join our Presenting Team, please fill in the application form making sure you meet the requirements below;

- We have a minimum age requirement of 18 years
- A substantial music library is necessary as DJs & Presenters manage their own shows/music
- Adequate headset/microphone
- Experience with the broadcasting software of your choice.
- Your software can broadcast in ICECAST2 or SHOUTCAST in MP3 format
- You need to have Discord (linked on our website)
- What is your internet speed? http://speedtest.net/
- Minimum Schedule Commitment of 2 hrs a week
- Provide an audio voice clip (this may help http://vocaroo.com/)

Application Form:

http://goo.gl/forms/xHZyAqAjWQ

Please fill out the form as completely and accurately as you can to ensure a swift response.

Thanks & Good Luck!
Hive365 Team

Mike B

Attention Hive365 management, I filled out an application lastweek to become a dj or as those of you in the UK call it, (presenter), on Hive365. I've installed the Discord software, however, I'm not familiar with how it works, as I've never used it before. How do I setup the program to chat? If its convenient for you, I'll be available to chat either this afternoon at 4:pm U.S. time, which would be 9:pm in the UK, or on Saturday afternoon at 4:pm U.S. time, 9:p.m UK time. I also sent you an email earlier this week, but I'm not sure if you received it. You can reach me via my email address,
mbern6516@aol.com
Hope to hear from you soon.

Stevy6

Still some daytime slots and through the nights (ideal for U.S. based presenters) get in touch you know you want to.

Legal Crime

Dose this job PAY, if not then why fill out a "The Application" like a Deejay about to get paid. This is all about FUN and giving listeners great music LOL.. Fill out a application :) not unless we getting paid.

Stevy6

Legal crime we have an application form so we don’t get underage presenters! Presenters who fit the station, presenters who can use a mic, work the software and have a personality and can interact with our audience.

This is a volunteer section of the forum? If you want to get paid best of luck, go fill out in the Paid presenters section! Oh you can’t there isn’t one?

Robbie Mack

What kind of music does your station play? I see a wide variety in the top 40. I'm a hard rock/metal guy - I'd love to fill out an application but I don't know enough about nor have any interest in pop/dance/rap etc.

I am in the US and have very flexibile availability.

Please advise! Thank you.

Stevy6

Hi Robbie,

We play a wide range of genres, as you can see from the top 40, but the show content and style and music is up to you. We do have a wide age range of listeners who can request song too, generally you play a song and they request similar tracks too. If you don’t have it don’t worry, it’s your show remember.

Fill it in, what’s the worst that can happen!

Robbie Mack

Hi Stevy6, saw your comment on my station's site. Thank you, not sure which show you are referring to. I am going to enter in an applicaiton to present for you guys as well, just don't necessarily have a voice demo available. I'll have to record one, or I can point it to the podcast that's on my site. I'll let you know when it's entered.

One question: what software encoder do your presenters normally use? I have been using Mixxx, which works very well for what I do. I am not in a position to spend 200-300 on Sam or one of the others. Please advise. Or email me directly at rob@breakinballz.com

Stevy6

Icecast 2 mixx is fine, I used to use it myself, there’s a link on the applications form that takes you to a simple voice recorder, ( vicaroo) just like an answerphone , leave a message. Show link style.

The boss will give you a trial stream anyhow to get your set up right etc.

The show was ref the football podcast split into 4 .

Look forward to hearing you on hive365

Robbie Mack

Icecast 2 mixx is fine, I used to use it myself, there’s a link on the applications form that takes you to a simple voice recorder, ( vicaroo) just like an answerphone , leave a message. Show link style.

The boss will give you a trial stream anyhow to get your set up right etc.

The show was ref the football podcast split into 4 .

Look forward to hearing you on hive365

Just applied. Thanks for the encouragement!

Stevy6

Bro ur website is lame as shit and I have 19 yrs exp doing this maybe u should just join my station and if u want a leadership role I have them.
Hi Sean,
Sorry you don’t like our website, it works great for us, 5 years and counting as the number 1 gaming station!

Checked your site out too. You’re schedule is a bit short on presenters! Not much leadership needed for 4 presenters 27 twitter followers and a broken Facebook link really! Might want to lose the blurred banner and the luminous green strip too. But thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

Sonic

Lmfao Stevy, I had to put sunglasses on just to view his site.
Bud if that's all you can come up with after 19 years, I would give up now. Especially with no License displayed on your site!
Be very very careful who you piss off !

Edit: He deleted his post wonder why lol

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Highly recommend applying to Hive365. I am broadcasting my first show this Thursday evening. The setup of this station is very professional with great services for listener interaction through many mediums. The application process is simple and during my audition broadcasts the staff were helpful and great with advice and making sure my settings were good. I had an issue with my mic on first audition but sorted that out and passed with flying colours on my second audition.

A good community of listeners and great banter through chat. All sorts of music played and the DJs are great with varying formats on how they present their shows.

I looked at many stations before making an application and this station is perfect for me and no pressure.

Thursday evening show is from 1900-2100. The Thursday Surgery with me The Doc playing Rock / Metal / Punk / Alternative with features and chat thrown in for good measure.