Live Broadcast with Sam

Tim Stevens

Hi

I have over the last two weeks been trying to do live broadcast with sam broadcaster and i am having problems with it.

The guys at sam have come to the conclusion that the issues i am facing are a server problem and i wonder if we can shed any light on it. Basically when i transmit and listen at Netizens Radio - Internet Radio i hear the introduction and then it goes silent. I get an error message in sam which says 401 authentication required XML document in statistic relays window.

Do you have any ideas please !

Regards

Tim

Tim Stevens

ok to confirm, this is what i'm getting

Inactive (401: Error retrieving XML document(authentication required)

Regards

Tim

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
in your server control panel are various log files. These might explain what is happening.

A curious thing I found with sourceforce airtime (although a different programme totally) is that due tot he coding it really did not like certain characters as metadata ( ":" was one of them) and they caused the streaming to choke.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Tim,

It sounds like its possibly the way you have Sam configured for use with your Icecast server. That error usually relates to an incorrect password / username. As General Lighting said, you should be aware that Sam does not respond well to odd characters in the password either.

From looking over your account, everything is in order with it and there is no reason that it should not work correctly. Your AutoDJ stream is currently running just fine. Its more than likely the settings that you have in Sam. The intro file is being played from directly your server, the problem here is the connection incoming from Sam after this intro file, the issue is not the server itself.

We recommend fully checking over all of your settings. Also, are you using "/live" for the mountpoint? And what format are you trying to stream in Mp3 or Ogg Vorbis? We would generally recommend using Mp3, this is also the format that your intro file is in as well. Changing from an Mp3 intro file over to an Ogg Vorbis stream will cause issues with flash based players.