Live calls on Air

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Ken,

For this you are going to require a mixing desk, headphones and a microphone. Basically, a mobile phone call can then be outputted from the phones headphone jack into the mixing desk. The purpose of the microphone connected to the desk is to allow your listeners to hear you speak to your caller. The headphones plugged into the desk will then allow you to monitor all of this. The output from the mixing desk is then going into your soundcards input and can then be broadcasted by your stream encoding software along with your music.

Your other option (and perhaps the easier one of the two) would be to just use Skype calls instead. :)

Ken C

Thanks for that, I have a "VMX 100" mixing desk but I am only just getting used to it. I play music on one laptop, this goes via the mixing desk to another laptop that I use to send my program out. I can now "Fade" my self in and out using a microphone. The Skype option is one I WILL look into, as I need to do "Interviews" Skype could be a good option, Cheers Ken C

Skype is a good way ken we use Skype record the call,s using a free Skype recorder then drop then into Sam and air them this way also you can filter the calls and ensure there's no bad ones if you get my meaning

jambo

You can also sign up for a skype telephone number which costs about £35 per year which means callers can dial a normal local telephone number and you can answer via Skype, give the option for those who do not use skype to call into the show

lockylive

Has anyone had a good response from using a skype number? I know its not expensive but we'd like to give the listeners the same number to text or call and skype doesn't look like it will ever support SMS.

My opinion is that sending an email or message via the website should be just as easy as sending a text, but my listeners are suggesting otherwise.

jambo

That depends on where in the world you are as I said?

The ones that I know of only serve the Uk so if you are outside of the UK they will be of no use to you!