Looking for just a hobby, or do you have a passion for music?

If you're just looking to, as it states elsewhere on this forum, "play on Internet Radio", churn out the same gut clenching Top 40 music, and being the BIG "Deee Jayyyy" (cue Smashey 'n' Nicey), whenever you have nothing else better to do, please read this advert no further, and try looking at the others for positions.

If, however, you have a passion for music and radio, looking to make a commitment, and finding a new artists or band that few others have heard of, and giving it a spin "on-air" gives you a huge buzz, you could be the person we're looking for.

We're looking for talented producers, presenters, social-media guru's, administration types, and just about any other job a radio station needs doing to help us make our dream come true! One day you could be promoting your and others' programme's online, next be playing Adam & The Ants, followed by Tennis, Georgia, Skinny Girl Diet, then back to The Cult, and Nirvana - get the picture?

If, just reading this, makes you curious to know more, drop us a line to help@strangefruitradio.net, or send an E-Mail to our Chairman: martyngrant382@gmail.com.

In return we offer a station that is hosted across multiple domains, broadcasts on many and various platforms, including Tune-In, and even has its own apps. for Android, Widnose, and Apple.

Thanks for your time reading this and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jiggs_Casey

I sent an email and Facebook PM a couple of days ago and I do hope to hear back from your channel.

I currently host a live, 2 hour show every 2nd Wednesday of the month. I believe the content of my program would fit very well into your mix. (Think: Aquarium Drunkard blog: http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/.) I'm looking for a channel that has a vibrant, musically intelligent audience with a modern web presence. Your channel appears to have all of that. I want to be on a channel that I would listen to 24/7 and I've certainly enjoyed listening to your channel for the last few days.

The music I play is eclectic and varied but it also provides a broad palate for any true music aficionado with a taste for the unusual rather than the mundane. In a two hour show I'll run through a number of genres, starting out loud and fast and ending up slow and easy in, what I believe, is a seamless transition. I play everything in my record collection from metal, garage, punk and rockabilly to electric blues, psychedelic, indie rock and even a bit of honky-tonk and soul. Each of these genres has inspired the other in some way, which is the beauty of music and I try to highlight these connections in my program.

As noted, I'm doing a live 2 hour show every 2 weeks. It is difficult for me to do a weekly show due to time constraints in my daily life (work, etc.) but it might be possible to do a weekly pre-recorded show (my program would work just as well in that format). Even at 2 hours every 2 weeks I do believe that my program would be something that people would look forward to and would provide a good fill for your lineup.

Please have a look at the Facebook page for my program. Scroll through the previous playlists and give the archive links a listen. I do hope that you'll find a place for me in your programming schedule.

Thanks for your consideration,
Scott @ The B-Side

https://www.facebook.com/thelphq/

Jiggs_Casey

Do the people that posts these requests for on-air help . . . ever respond?

I've sincerely responded to a number of these posts but have yet to receive even a "thanks but no thanks".

It's odd . . . and not very professional.

Do the people that posts these requests for on-air help . . . ever respond?

I've sincerely responded to a number of these posts but have yet to receive even a "thanks but no thanks".

It's odd . . . and not very professional.

Hello Jiggs_Casey,

HUGE apologies to you and anyone else who has responded to my post at the top of this thread.

Unfortunately, virtually ever since I posted it, we've had quite serious techincal problems - including two indpenedent servers going down with apparently the same problem practically simultaneously!

I'm glad you enjoyed the station and we will get back to you, but need to sort these issues out first as a priority, so thank you for your patience!

Jiggs_Casey

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about the tech issues.

The station does sound great regardless.

I'd still like to be a part of it sometime so give me a shout when you get things worked out!

ovie

we looking for presenters/dj to be part of our team ....worldwide, Pidgin Radio is the number one online-based radio station for everything eccentric, culturally influencing, proudly Nigerian and truly African in context. Our objective isn’t just to communicate the local speaking culture (pidgin) to the world, but rather to promote on a global scale, the creative originality of a people with a pan-African nature. Our content email pidginradio1@gmail.com Listen Via www.pidginradio.com