My new stream sounds squelchy

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Apologies, you are correct. However your control panel is showing that it is disabled for some strange reason?

We are taking a look into this for you now.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok, we can see whats happened. You have not actually subscribed to the AutoDJ feature on your account. We are afraid that this does not come for free with our PAYG accounts and is a seperate subscription, but for some strange reason the feature seems to have been enabled in error during your registrartion.

So what we have done is added 1GB of AutoDJ storage to your account for free. This now shows as enabled in the control panel. 8)

In regards to your issue, we have noticed that your files are at the incorrect bitrate. The mix currently playing is encoded at 76kbps. All of the files in the AutoDJ need to be the same bitrate as your stream.

Please see the following guide for using the AutoDJ: http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/19-setting-up-auto-dj.html :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We think that maybe the file is not encoded correctly or is perhaps corrupt. We recommend trying another file encoded at 128kbps or even re-encode the mix that you are trying to use.

The 'Hydraulix Party' mix in your media library is 76kbps, this will not work.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We just downloaded your test mp3 and it is corrupted. There is definitely an issue with the way you are converting your tracks.

Have you tried using Audacity ? Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Its a good open source multiplatform sound editor.

Also check that your original mp3 (before encoding) is not also corrupted. The better quality your tracks are in the first place the better they will be encoded to your stations bitrate etc....

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
It sounds like perhaps the original has problems. Can you upload the original track at whatever bitrate etc.. it is. Don't re-encode it and we will check it out. Drop us an email or leave a reply here once you have uploaded it and we will test it out.

You might also like to try some different tracks. See if you get the same problem.

4underground

I have just uploaded 5 more mp3's at 128k. still no change.

am i doing something wrong? it is suposed to be mp3's i am uploading yeah?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You must be doing something wrong yes, not 100% sure what it could be. These latest MP3's are all corrupt too. We downloaded them and they have the same problems in their raw format.

We have just uploaded a file encoded by us called "Bitrate Testing" and added it to a new playlist "Test". This file is now playing on the Auto DJ and works fine without any issues.

This means the problem is either with your original tracks being corrupted before you convert them or they are being corrupted during your re-encoding. This is why we asked before that you upload some of your original (not re-encoded) tracks so we can test those as well. Please do this so we can eliminate the original as being the problem.

One more thing to test is that your FTP program is uploading the files in BINARY mode (not ASCII). This might possibly cause the issue although we havent seen this before. Let us know that you are uploading in BINARY mode. Also what FTP client are you using ?

I have just uploaded 5 more mp3's at 128k. still no change.

am i doing something wrong? it is suposed to be mp3's i am uploading yeah?

4underground

ahaa! im sure i remember changing filezilla at some point so it was uploading in that ascii format! this must be my problem. i just have to remember how to change it back now.

I'm not at my computer at the minute but I will have a go tonight when I get home

i think you may have found the issue though!

i will report back

4underground

you know what i think that has done it fella.

I still need to get home and make sure things are ok but it seems fine from where i am at the minute