NEW INTERNET STATION SEEKS ON AIR TALENT!

Dan Butler

Power Zone Radio (http://www.pzradioonline.com) is the newest internet radio station to hit the web. We are looking for personalities that have not only a love but a passion for music and want to help us build a successful station. Our only requirement is for you to have FUN!! Also, you must have your own software to broadcast with, a headset mic or other mic setup and an upbeat positive oh and of course music and lots of it!!
pzonelogo12.png

If this sounds like you, please visit this page on our website and fill out our simple application - http://www.pzradioonline.com/join-us. We look forward to hearing from YOU.

Dick Lee

SUBJ: Volunteer D.J.

Hello:

My name is Dick Lee and I am writing to be considered for a weekly one hour “Volunteer D.J.” slot at your station. I currently host a community radio show titled “Dick Lee and Garage Rock from the Valley.” It features rock-n-roll from California’s Central San Joaquin Valley. In addition, I do brief interviews with band members from the 1960’s. As a member of a 60’s rock group called The Brymers, I have in considerable knowledge about these bands in addition to being friends with almost all of these groups. Note, that I produce and pre-record the show then send it via Drop Box to the station’s server. I do all the voice overs, etc. Individuals make requests by calling the station or e-mail me at The Brymers web site (www.thebrymers.com). The show is high energy and receiving good responses. Due to listener requests, I have archived some of the shows on Podomatic.com. You can hear a show by clicking on the link below:

http://rleekgb30636.podomatic.com

I currently have 25 shows in the can and they can be edited by me to insert any station’s jingle or ID.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dick Lee

The Brymers (www.thebrymers.com)

rleekgb@comcast.net

dicklee@thebrymers.com

DJ Emotive

'Journey into Dance' is my ( DJ Emotive ) new weekly show which will be recorded and sent out to stations across the world , content ranging from Deep and Chilled House to Old Skool and Trance with occasional guest mixes , format will be in 320k MP3 and download link sent to your station each week. If you have a free slot and would like to feature my show then drop me an email please..

Here is the show, take a listen https://www.mixcloud.com/andy-davie...eeptech-and-prog-house-dj-emotive-in-the-mix/

jidsmall.jpg

Episode 1 is ready to go right now !

DJ Emotive
djemotive@andrew-davies.com

DJ Emotive

Well there are hundred of talented DJs like me out there happy to share our work with you , but since you offer no remuneration the expectation of running our lives around your station is a little presumptuous. If you wish to have a list of DJs who turn up when they can be bothered and like having missed slots everywhere then feel free to continue with your current model. Or you could open your horizons to all the talented people who still spend the same amount of time and effort in producing our programs and mixes.

Stevy6

Lol emotive. Looks like live is the way for some. Not the first post you "diss" for live only.

DJ Emotive

OK , lets just get something straight , nobody is saying either Live or pre-recorded is the only way to go there is a place for both and some of the more modern forward looking stations use both. To reply to a post with 'At this time we are currently looking for dj's that can go LIVE' when that was never originally mentioned comes across as simply sarcastic ( capital letters are used to shout or emphasize on-line and everyone knows that ) , hence my reply. If the poster had asked for live i would not have wasted my time and effort replying.

As for your comments from behind your keyboard Rebel they mean very little , all radio stations that use totally Live DJ Rosters have the struggle of continually having to cover time slots for ilness holiday and all sorts of other reasons, I have worked at enough stations to know that is true, but as a DJ not the owner you would not know how much time and effort goes into keeping a schedule live, and I certainly would not class my comments as a slating ! I have already been contacted by a number of stations who love the show and are fine with the idea of syndication, in fact some of the biggest internet stations out there do it.

I would also point out the obvious, neither station owner or DJs actually knows who is live, many DJs will be playing a recorded set and using live mic work,or in some cases no mic work but i will appear to everyone it is live anyway , the listener base is different for different music types and for a lot of dance DJs like myself and listeners to dance stations simply want to hear a well constructed mix without all the talk. Take the most popular dance music show of all time - Radio 1s Essential Mix , short introduction and 2 hours of music , all pre-recorded normally and that has masses of followers.

There is a place for live and pre-recorded but the balance is changing with time and the popularity of podcasts etc has made things easier, for a station to try and exist now on a totally live schedule is far from easy hence they are advertising for new DJs continuously , and rather than slate them I would say a big well done because to do that is an uphill task. Why not syndicate and play some podcasted or recorded shows if it fits with what your listeners like? , maybe this is a generation thing and there's an old skool set out there that think live is the only way, the reality is somewhat different.

DJ Emotive

You are quick to make judgements on who you think I am and what I think ! I am simply a music lover and DJ trying to get my mixes out to as wide an audience as I can. I know nothing of your station other than the ad you have put out. and I don't for one second take the excuse that the reply was worded in anything other than a sarcastic way , you don't accidentally turn the caps lock on. Your entitled to your opinion and me mine and nothing you have said has given me any different perspective on what I have experienced of internet radio and what I know of the Dance music scene of which i have been a part of since the 80s. There are people who want chat and people who just want music , and the majority of Dance music listeners will be in the latter camp, so it will depend on what music your station plays. Anyway i shall leave you to your knight in shining armour routine as I have shows to send out :)

Dan Butler

DJ Emotive, I understand what you are saying I really do. I have done pre-recorded shows on the station. My licensing requirements to the royalty companies require that I manually upload playlists of shows that are pre-recorded and due to time constraints, I am unable to do that at this time and do not want to be in violation of my licensing agreement. This would also require that DJs supply their playlist every week. In the future, we will resume that as I bring more staff online.

As far as your request, I replied in a manner that I saw fit. I was however late in responding to your post and at the time I responded our policy had changed. I do apologize for the confusion.

Dan Butler

Oh and please look at the date of the post. Please remember that over that span of time, policies could have changed. I understand totally that podcasts and syndication are the way to go. It is the station owner that must submit those pre-recorded shows playlists to the licensing companies. I do not have the staff yet to ensure that I am able to do this. So that is why I responded with "At this time" we are currently looking for DJ's who can go LIVE. This was not meant as a diss to those DJ's that have the ability to produce great mixes and take their time to put said mix together. I tip my hat to those that can do that.

I understand that you work hard on your mixes and the time spent on them is great, but please also understand that as a station owner whose station started up just under a year ago, I am committing my time to several areas of the station at once and have very little help due to the fact that a majority of my DJ's do not have the time to commit to extra duties.

If at a later date I am able to, I will then again begin accepting pre-recorded or syndicated shows. Thank you for your interest in PZR and good luck in all that you do.

Stevy6

Hey Dan, from the response he gave, why would you want to apologise. Clearly a rude, over reacting presenter that really needs to chill, it's your station and your rules. Who would want that sort of attitude on board anyway.

If like our station you have live presenters, your audience can interact instantly, request songs and shout outs for their friends and family for a more personal experience, pre recorded is good for when you have no presenters with the time or maybe an event which you want to re play for those that missed it in their time zone, but you can't beat LIVE.

Good luck on your quest for LIVE presenters.

DJ Emotive

Oh and please look at the date of the post. Please remember that over that span of time, policies could have changed. I understand totally that podcasts and syndication are the way to go. It is the station owner that must submit those pre-recorded shows playlists to the licensing companies. I do not have the staff yet to ensure that I am able to do this. So that is why I responded with "At this time" we are currently looking for DJ's who can go LIVE. This was not meant as a diss to those DJ's that have the ability to produce great mixes and take their time to put said mix together. I tip my hat to those that can do that.

I understand that you work hard on your mixes and the time spent on them is great, but please also understand that as a station owner whose station started up just under a year ago, I am committing my time to several areas of the station at once and have very little help due to the fact that a majority of my DJ's do not have the time to commit to extra duties.

If at a later date I am able to, I will then again begin accepting pre-recorded or syndicated shows. Thank you for your interest in PZR and good luck in all that you do.

Many thanks for your reply Dan, I can see your point on playlists and I do actually supply a playlist for stations to use as realised that can be an issue, thank you for the wishes on my show and I too wish your station all the best for the future. After all its about the music :) As you can imagine when you send off a lot of mixes to stations after spending a lot of time money and effort on their creation , you do get stations coming back with replies about only wishing to use live DJs as they prefer that without giving any reason , now you have at least gone to the lengths of explaining your own reasoning I can totally understand. There are still unfortunately though some stations who see live as being somewhat better , from my own perspective and from the 'mixing' DJs perspective that is not often the case, as we build sets and shows around the music, progression , key matching, musical notation all being used to create a journey which can actually be spoiled by overuse of chat and voiceovers/ jingles. Whilst podcasts and syndication are getting more popular I think the stations that are really nailing it now are those who are using both those and live to get the best from the schedule and listeners. :) Cheers DJ Emotive

Dan Butler

Stevy, the thing about forums like this is that things can often get misunderstood and misconstrued. This is one of those cases. While I appreciate your defense, I may one day want to bring DJ Emotive onboard as a syndicated/prerecorded program. I am a station owner and as such, I have to represent my station in the clearest light and I have to look at all positions and not make rash conclusions. I see DJ Emotive's point. Is it for me to say how he is to respond? No. He has the right to respond how he feels. Was he harsh? Yes. Was he correct? Yes, in his viewpoint. I see that and understand that.

Thank you for your opinion and help. I do appreciate it.