Radio has stopped connecting to wi-fi

Foxtrot

Hi. My internet radio has been working perfectly for 2 years but for some reason has stopped connecting to the wi-fi. It just goes round in circles : connecting, disconnected, enter code to connect (I enter code), connecting, disconnected etc. My wi-fi is working perfectly - I have no problem with my laptop. There's no external interference (downloads, streaming, skype etc). Any help would be most welcome.

Demo

My personal experience with running a Internet Radio Station is the let all DJs know that a Wireless connection can cause more issues than many people think. You can speed test all you want but it only takes just a small amount of band with loss to cause a loss in broadcasting.
Try a wired connection and see if that works.
Also some internet providers are also unstable when it comes to streaming so that can also cause issues.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi. My internet radio has been working perfectly for 2 years but for some reason has stopped connecting to the wi-fi. It just goes round in circles : connecting, disconnected, enter code to connect (I enter code), connecting, disconnected etc. My wi-fi is working perfectly - I have no problem with my laptop. There's no external interference (downloads, streaming, skype etc). Any help would be most welcome.

Are we talking about an internet radio station here or a internet radio listening device?

Demo

@ Support, I would say that it his Station judging at what he has stated because he mentions entering a code. That tells me his code is his stream password. Also from previous experience, When a password gets changed, Presenters copy/paste the new password into the encoder. But some never do a tight copy. They always get a space within the new password so with all the will in the world, They will never connect to the stream.

http://hive365.co.uk/web_player/

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
@ Support, I would say that it his Station judging at what he has stated because he mentions entering a code. That tells me his code is his stream password. Also from previous experience, When a password gets changed, Presenters copy/paste the new password into the encoder. But some never do a tight copy. They always get a space within the new password so with all the will in the world, They will never connect to the stream.

http://hive365.co.uk/web_player/

Yeah possibly, but the original post says their radio "for some reason has stopped connecting to the wi-fi" and then states the the "wi-fi is working perfectly" and they have "no problem with their laptop".

There is no mention of a radio server here or encoder software? When they say they enter the code, I understood that as being their wifi's password itself. I'm pretty sure they're saying that their internet radio device is just not connecting to their (home) wifi anymore? I could be wrong though!