Radio Players.

Hello,

We have an interesting issue here.

Our station uses both Marci songs played and the A.I.O. Radio Player to show listeners and visitors to our website the songs being played, but unfortunately neither use the meta-data to pull the artwork to display.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but our station focuses on championing new artists and bands, which frequently aren't listed on iTunes, Amazon, etc., in fact some only have their songs available on streaming sites.

So does anyone know of any 'songs played' software that does pull its information, specifcally the artwork, from the meta-data?

We'd be most grateful of any help you can offer.

Thank you.

Hi Support,

Thanks for that information.

Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but we do already have that option selected within Centova Cast, but where does that information actually get displayed? As far as we thought, it was only on that specific page that Centova Cast points you to?

The Marci songs played displays within our own website, and the A.I.O. Radio Player, as the title suggests, it a pop-out player - we prefer not to use widgets as the listener has to stay on the website to use them.

Cheers.

Thanks for that information Support, but....

Going back to my original question, with Widgets, doesn't using them mean your listeners are obliged to stay on your website?

The advantage of using the Radio Player mentioned above, is that it is in a pop-up box format, meaning they can surf off elsewhere.

Cheers.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The whole point of the widgets is to embed them into your own website to display your stream info etc. Unfortunately though these are not pop ups.

The whole point of the widgets is to embed them into your own website to display your stream info etc. Unfortunately though these are not pop ups.

Thanks Support, yeah we realise that.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear in my first post, that we are looking for an equivalent of the A.I.O. Radio Player which is a pop-up player that grabs the artwork form the meta-data - A.I.O. doesn't.

With regards to the widgets, thanks for your clarification, but we're not interested in them, for the reasons previously mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks Support, yeah we realise that.

Perhaps I should have made it more clear in my first post, that we are looking for an equivalent of the A.I.O. Radio Player which is a pop-up player that grabs the artwork form the meta-data - A.I.O. doesn't.

With regards to the widgets, thanks for your clarification, but we're not interested in them, for the reasons previously mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

Fair enough :)

Would it be safe to assume therefore, that apart from the widgets mentioned, no-one is aware of a Radio Player that does take the artwork from the meta-data, rather than iTunes, Amazon, or another source?