SAM Broadcaster substitute

Hey there, the company I work for currently uses SAM Broadcaster on an HP Intel CORE i3 TouchSmart computer. due to the expansion of our company, we have decided to bring more computers into the radio station (MacBook Pro laptops) so we can broadcast any event live from anywhere. However, SAM Broadcaster is not compatible with OS X. Do you know any other software like SAM Broadcaster that fits both Mac and Pc?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, its a shame that SAM Broadcaster is not compatible with OSX.

We would recommend to you the free 'Mixxx' software which is both Windows and OSX compatible: Mixxx - Free MP3 DJ Mixing Software

Not only is the software free but it also has some really nice features such as additional sampler decks, "Auto DJ" playlists and supports timecoded Vinyl / CD control: Mixxx - Features :)

Yes, its a shame that SAM Broadcaster is not compatible with OSX.

We would recommend to you the free 'Mixxx' software which is both Windows and OSX compatible: Mixxx - Free MP3 DJ Mixing Software

Not only is the software free but it also has some really nice features such as additional sampler decks, "Auto DJ" playlists and supports timecoded Vinyl / CD control: Mixxx - Features :)

Butt Broadcaster will work as well that's cross platform

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Butt Broadcaster will work as well that's cross platform

Yes this is correct. But BUTT is only an encoder. Francisco was looking for an alternative to SAM, so we presume he meant something with the same audio playback and playlist capabilities which unfortunately the BUTT encoder does not offer.

Yes this is correct. But BUTT is only an encoder. Francisco was looking for an alternative to SAM, so we presume he meant something with the same audio playback and playlist capabilities which unfortunately the BUTT encoder does not offer.

I see ?

Not to sure if their is one apart from what's already been mentioned

samcast is pretty good but again it's only an encoder (a very good one) also Sam party but I'm not sure if available for mac