Server crashing

80ssoundtracks

Hi please help, my station has been ok for the last week or so Evan thou it does stop playing audio & i have to restart the server once or twice every 2 weeks or so.

However today I can't restart my server at all and I now get the below message after trying to start the server...

"Status change
Stream could not be started: Unable to prepare playlist for source startup: Error creating playlist: Error writing playlist to remote server: Error writing destination file: No space left on device."

Just to let you know I haven't added anything new to my playlist since the server last crashed over a week ago!

Please help

Thanx :)

80ssoundtracks

Hi I have managed to restart my server but I still don't know why this is happening. Is their any reason for this and how to prevent the server from crashing again?

Thanx :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi 80s Soundtracks,

Sorry to hear about your issues with this. Leave it with us and we shall take a look into this for you and see what we can find and get back to you as soon as possible.

80ssoundtracks

Thanx :) my stream crashed again tonight, it seems to be always the no audio source has the red x but sometimes the server totally crashes and the server might not allow me to restart it as it did today.

ive checked the normal possibe issues as bitrate not matching on some files, but cant find why this is happening so often now! :(

Any help is much welcome...

Thanx again

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Sorry to hear that this has happened again. I've just started the server for you and the AutoDJ feature started without any issues this time.

I've escalated this to our techie who will have a good look over your account for you and try and pin point the issue. From having a look myself over your accounts settings and files it all seems fine, so we will need to dig a little deeper into the logs to see what is going on with this.

Thank you for your patience.

80ssoundtracks

Thanx for restarting my server, hopefully the techie will shed some light on why it is crashing so often, as yesterday I must have restarted my server at least 6 times and the server would restart but then crash after a couple of tracks...:(

Thanx in advance...

More Support

Level 2 Support
Staff member
Apologies again for the issue. On deeper inspection the uk3 server you were hosted on had an issue where our backup system was temporarily filling up one of the hard drives and may have caused your server to intermittently crash. I've cleaned it up now and you're server appears to be OK.

Would you mind if we moved your account to our new uk5 server ? Your hostname / port would change but everything else like your settings / reports / playlists / media files would remain. It would take us around 30 minutes to complete and we can do it on a Sunday morning when there are less listeners around. Also, we would be happy give you a 50% discount off your next invoice as a way to compensate your for the inconvenience. Let me know if this interests you ? You can of course stay as you are if you like, it's not a problem.

80ssoundtracks

Hi, thanx for clearing this up! I would be happy to move to the new uk5 server, if this helps improve the overall stability of my connection for the future...and thanx also for the discount which I accept.

Would I need to make any changes at my end for this to be moved fully? For example will all the links to play my station remain the same & if not will they be updated?

If their are no issues for me directly like this please go ahead with the move.

Thanx again

Craig :)

More Support

Level 2 Support
Staff member
Hi Craig :)

Your links to your station would change if you linked directly to uk3.internet-radio.com:8256 or 109.74.196.76:8256 anywhere. They would need to change to uk5.internet-radio.com : newport (we would email you the new hostname/port details as soon as the migration is complete). If you used the code widgets (i.e. https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/80ssoundtracks.pls) then this would remain the same. Your start page will also remain the same : http://www.internet-radio.com/station/80ssoundtracks/

Is this OK ? I could do this for you as early as tomorrow morning if it's fine.

80ssoundtracks

I have added the intro file again and restarted my server will this have any issues? Just not sure why it wasnt their in the 1st place if nothing changes with my playlists etc...

DJ Bounce

Im sorry to post on this thread, but I seem to be having the same status change error as this post. Can someone assist in clearing it up. I was fine, until i uploaded a few podcast about 15 min each. The error im receiving is this:
Stream could not be started: Unable to prepare playlist for source startup: Error creating playlist: Error writing playlist to remote server: Requested operation requires 2355 bytes, which would exceed quota of 1073741824 bytes.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

DJ Bounce
626Radio.com

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DJ Bounce,

We can see that you have the since started the server. We presume that you figured out that you had exceeded your disc quota for your server and this was preventing the server from being started. So if you ever see this again you just need to remove some files to bring this back within your allocated quota.