Server down and monthly bandwidth consumption by robots

radioangelus

Hi Support,
please my server is down because I have reached my monthly bandwidth. I want to renew my same subscription but there is no option to do that unless I have to upgrade the subscription.
Actually, I don't have much money to upgrade my subscription for now.
My other issue is that I realized that some robots are connected to the server as user listening 24/24 which cause the full usage of the monthly bandwidth.
Please I need your help to solve that issue.

Best regards,
JB

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi radioangelus,

Yes it looks as though the 500GB monthly plan is not enough bandwidth for your station each month. Unfortunately your bandwidth allowance will not get reset now until the 1st of July and you won't be able to renew an existing active subscription. You can however upgrade the server plan at any time in your control panel and you won't be charged for this until when your next bill is due. Based upon your usage so far since the 1st of June the control panel estimates that you will use around 1500GB this month.

As you have a Shoutcast server with us you can kick and ban any suspicious looking IPs that connect for particularly long periods of time. Please refer to the following FAQ on how to do this: https://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/how-do-i-ban-ips-from-my-shoutcast-server.46/

Also, under your control panels 'Advanced' section there is a setting to 'Always disconnect listeners' after a certain length of time. You may find that setting this for every few hours might help improve this. We can also geo-block certain countries from connecting to your stream if that's something that you would require.

radioangelus

Hi Support,
Thank you for your quick reply.
But the next payment for renewal is supposed to be 15th June because my last renewal was 15th May 2021.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The monthly bandwidth allowances are always reset on the 1st of each month, not on your payment date.

radioangelus

Hi Support,
Please I have followed your instruction regarding the IP ban but I still have the IP address in the attached screen connected to my server.
Please I need help to block that IP 3.93.234.36.

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 13.png
    13.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 425
  • 14.png
    14.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 445

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You've banned the IP correctly so this should no longer be able to connect now.

As your server is currently offline I can't check this but please let me know if it continues to connect. As your admin page will get restarted this will reload the ban list and you should see it working now.

MedwayRadio

Hi Support,
please my server is down because I have reached my monthly bandwidth. I want to renew my same subscription but there is no option to do that unless I have to upgrade the subscription.
Actually, I don't have much money to upgrade my subscription for now.
My other issue is that I realized that some robots are connected to the server as user listening 24/24 which cause the full usage of the monthly bandwidth.
Please I need your help to solve that issue.

Best regards,
JB
Bots from the US ? Think we had 80+ on at some point, swallowed 100Gb+ in a very short space of time. Should not have happen as Geo lock in place.

Support,

Have sent you email separately regarding this.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Bots from the US ? Think we had 80+ on at some point, swallowed 100Gb+ in a very short space of time. Should not have happen as Geo lock in place.

Support,

Have sent you email separately regarding this.

Hi Medway Radio,

I've replied to the email that you sent us. The geo-locking on your account is definitely still in place.

For the information of any other users who also have geo-locking in place on their servers, please be aware that the firewall (geo-locking) does not work for the https/ssl proxy stream urls. Therefore, this can result in listeners from outside of the geo-locking restrictions to still be able to bypass the firewall and connect.

radioangelus

You've banned the IP correctly so this should no longer be able to connect now.

As your server is currently offline I can't check this but please let me know if it continues to connect. As your admin page will get restarted this will reload the ban list and you should see it working now.
Hi Support,
Please this robot with IP address 3.93.234.36 is still connecting to my server 24h even after I had the ban.
Please I need your help to stop this IP from consuming my bandwidth.

Best regards,
JB

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi JB,

That IP is tuning into your stream via your proxy URL, hence why the shoutcast admin ban is not working.

So in this case, there is another way of blocking them. In your shoutcast admin area under your stream 'Summary' click on the 'Stream Login' link and you'll see the list of currently connected listeners.

If the IP is in the user agent information then that listener is coming in via the proxy. You can use the "User Agent Block" link on the listener and then kick them. This will block them properly.

We've done this for you on that IP.